A well-known adware program called Vonteera prevents users from installing antivirus products by artificially blacklisting their digital certificates in Windows.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
An analysis of hundreds of publicly available firmware images for routers, DSL modems, VoIP phones, IP cameras and other embedded devices uncovered high-risk vulnerabilities in a significant number of them.
VirusTotal, the most widely used online file scanning service, is now executing suspicious Mac apps submitted by users inside a sandbox to generate information that could improve the analysis and detection of Mac malware.
Adobe fixed important vulnerabilities in its ColdFusion application server, LiveCycle Data Services framework and Premiere Clip iOS app.
Microsoft combines the attack protection, detection and response features built into Windows 10, Office 365, Azure and the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite to help enterprises improve their operational security posture.
Thousands of mobile applications use cloud-based, back-end services in an insecure way, allowing anyone to access millions of sensitive records created by users, according to a recent study.
Security researchers from FireEye have discovered an attack campaign that has injected computer profiling and tracking scripts into over 100 websites visited by business executives, diplomats, government officials and academic researchers.
A researcher disclosed a trivial Windows authentication bypass that puts data on BitLocker-encrypted laptops at risk.
Some of the most popular continuous integration tools used by software development teams have not been designed with security in mind and can open a door for attackers to compromise enterprise networks.
Two researchers demonstrated attacks against self-encrypting drives used in enterprise environments at the Black Hat Europe conference in Amsterdam.
A serious vulnerability in a popular Java library puts thousands of Java applications and servers at risk of remote code execution attacks.
Malware researchers from Bitdefender created a tool to recover files encrypted with a ransomware program called Linux.Encoder.1.
After targeting consumer and then business computers, ransomware authors are now going after Web servers.
A cyberespionage group with possible ties to the Iranian government has targeted over 1,600 defense officials, diplomats, researchers, human rights activists, journalists and other high-profile individuals around the world.
The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has published a guide to application whitelisting that explains the technology in detail and offers practical advice for how it should be used.
- Digital Business Analyst l Salesforce NSW
- MS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message Labs NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Organisational Change Manager ACT
- IT Field Engineer NSW
- Senior Technical Specialist - AIX VIC
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant NSW
- Communications Officer ACT
- Linux Engineer NSW
- Programme and Project Scheduler ACT
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).