Cisco released security updates to fix a hard-coded root password in its Modular Encoding Platform D9036 and a vulnerable CGI script in the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager and the Cisco Firepower 9000 Series appliances.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
Facebook has added the option to route traffic from its Android mobile app over the Tor anonymity network.
A software utility that helps users download the latest drivers for their Intel hardware components contained a vulnerability that could have allowed man-in-the-middle attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
Advocacy group I Am the Cavalry is urging organizations that manufacture and distribute medical devices to adopt a cybersecurity version of the Hippocratic Oath.
A three-year-old vulnerability in the Linux kernel could have allowed attackers to take full control over Linux-based PCs, servers, Android phones and other embedded devices.
Specialized gateway devices made by Advantech that are used around the world in industrial environments to connect legacy serial equipment to TCP/IP and cellular networks can be accessed with any password.
A vulnerability in OpenSSH clients could expose users' private SSH keys to rogue or compromised servers.
Hacker managed to compromise payment cards used at 250 Hyatt Hotels locations from around 50 countries after infecting the company's payment processing systems with malware.
Cisco Systems released critical security updates for several products, including access points and wireless LAN controllers, in order to fix vulnerabilities that could give remote attackers access to devices.
The SlemBunk Android Trojan that targets mobile banking users has evolved into a hard-to-detect threat, researchers from FireEye found.
Microsoft released critical fixes for remote code execution flaws in Windows, Office, Edge, Internet Explorer, Silverlight and Visual Basic.
A hacker has built a ransomware program based on proof-of-concept code released online, but messed up the implementation resulting in victims' files being completely unrecoverable.
A cyberespionage group was found using a new remote access Trojan dubbed Trochilus whose detection rate was very low among antivirus products.
Developers of the popular Drupal content management system are working to secure the software's update mechanism after a researcher found weaknesses in it.
Unlike Mozilla, Google plans to ban only SHA-1 certificates that were issued after Jan. 1 by public certificate authorities, not self-generated ones too.
- Systems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer) VIC
- SOE Engineer ACT
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules) QLD
- System Engineer SA
- Test Analyst QLD
- Database Developer ACT
- Snr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde area NSW
- Technical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - Virtualization NSW
- Business Analyst QLD
- Senior System Administrator VIC
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!