Cisco Systems released critical security updates for several products, including access points and wireless LAN controllers, in order to fix vulnerabilities that could give remote attackers access to devices.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
The SlemBunk Android Trojan that targets mobile banking users has evolved into a hard-to-detect threat, researchers from FireEye found.
Microsoft released critical fixes for remote code execution flaws in Windows, Office, Edge, Internet Explorer, Silverlight and Visual Basic.
A hacker has built a ransomware program based on proof-of-concept code released online, but messed up the implementation resulting in victims' files being completely unrecoverable.
A cyberespionage group was found using a new remote access Trojan dubbed Trochilus whose detection rate was very low among antivirus products.
Developers of the popular Drupal content management system are working to secure the software's update mechanism after a researcher found weaknesses in it.
Unlike Mozilla, Google plans to ban only SHA-1 certificates that were issued after Jan. 1 by public certificate authorities, not self-generated ones too.
Cyberespionage groups could easily exploit vulnerabilities in antivirus programs to break into corporate networks, according to vulnerability researchers who have analyzed such products in recent years.
Law enforcement authorities from Romania and Republic of Moldova dismantled a gang of criminals that stole 200,000 euros from ATMs in the E.U. and Russia after infecting them with a malware program.
The update mechanism of the popular Drupal content management system is insecure in several ways, allowing attackers to trick administrators into installing malicious updates.
Researchers from the INRIA institute in France have devised several attacks which prove that the continued support for MD5 in cryptographic protocols is much more dangerous than previously believed.
Researchers found a flaw that allows them to decrypt files affected by a new version of Linux.Encoder, a file-encrypting ransomware program that infects Linux Web servers.
Exploit acquisition firm Zerodium is offering up to $100,000 for exploits that bypass Flash Player's latest heap isolation protection.
Google has fixed a new batch of vulnerabilities in Android that could allow hackers to take over devices remotely or through malicious applications.
A cyberespionage group focused on companies and organizations from the energy sector has recently updated its arsenal with a destructive data-wiping component and a backdoored SSH server.
- Digital Business Analyst l Salesforce NSW
- MS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message Labs NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Organisational Change Manager ACT
- IT Field Engineer NSW
- Senior Technical Specialist - AIX VIC
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant NSW
- Communications Officer ACT
- Linux Engineer NSW
- Programme and Project Scheduler ACT
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!