Over the Christmas a user reported the first in-the-wild case of a ransomware attack that infected an Android-based smart TV.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
Insecure default configurations are prevalent in the IoT world, but many of them could be easily avoided if device manufacturers would include LAN-based attacks in their threat modelling.
The travel booking systems used by millions of people every day lack modern authentication methods and allow attackers to easily modify other people's reservations.
A critical remote code execution vulnerability in PHPMailer, one of the most widely used PHP email sending libraries, could put millions of websites at risk of hacking.
Apple has backtracked on a plan to force iOS developers to encrypt their app communications by the end of the year.
The cyberespionage group blamed for hacking into the U.S. Democratic National Committee (DNC) has also infiltrated the Ukrainian military through a trojanized Android application used by artillery units.
Developers of the popular Signal secure messaging app have started to use Google's domain as a front to hide traffic to their service and to sidestep blocking attempts.
VMware released a hotfix for vSphere Data Protection (VDP) to change a hard-coded SSH key that could allow remote attackers to gain root access to the virtual appliance.
Security experts from Google have developed a test suite that allows developers to find weaknesses in their cryptographic libraries and implementations.
Ransomware creators are increasingly targeting companies and other organizations, sometimes using techniques borrowed from cyberespionage attacks, because they're likely to pay more money for their data.
A new power outage that affected parts of Kiev and the surrounding region in Ukraine late Saturday might have been the result of a cyberattack.
Cybercriminals are adding file-encrypting features to traditional mobile banking trojans, creating hybrid threats that steal sensitive information and lock user files at the same time.
Without the macOS update released this week, Apple's disk encryption can be easily bypassed by connecting a specially crafted device to a locked Macbook.
The No More Ransom project, a coalition of law enforcement and security companies, has expanded with 30 new members and added 32 new decryption tools for various ransomware variants.
Following a massive data breach that affected over one billion Yahoo accounts, users should review the settings of their accounts, clean their mailboxes and turn on additional account security features.
- Digital Business Analyst l Salesforce NSW
- Business Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based Role NSW
- SAP Business Objects Consultant ACT
- Senior Test Analyst QLD
- VBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week) QLD
- Tester (6 month contract) Finance NSW
- Business Project Manager NSW
- SAP BW Consultant ACT
- Network Architect / Lead Network Engineer ACT
- Security Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde Based NSW
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow