A hacker forced thousands of publicly exposed printers to spew out rogue messages in order to warn their owners about the risks of printer hacking.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
Microsoft will likely wait until February 14 to fix a publicly disclosed vulnerability in the SMB network file sharing protocol that can be exploited to crash Windows computers.
The implementation of the SMB network file sharing protocol in Windows has a serious vulnerability that could allow hackers to, at the very least, remotely crash systems.
Cisco Systems has fixed a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to take over servers used by telecommunications providers to remotely manage customer equipment such as routers.
Developers of the widely used WordPress content management system intentionally delayed announcing that a recent patch fixed a severe vulnerability.
Two officers of the Russian Federal Security Service, the FSB, and a cybercrime investigator from Kaspersky Lab have reportedly been charged with treason for allegedly helping U.S. intelligence services.
Mobile security firm Zimperium has launched an exploit acquisition program that aims to bring undisclosed attack code for already patched vulnerabilities out in the open.
It has taken Netgear over half-a-year to identify router models vulnerable to a serious authentication bypass vulnerability and to release patches for them.
Around 70 percent of police cameras in Washington D.C. were reportedly unable to record footage for several days before President Trump's inauguration due to a ransomware attack.
Law enforcement authorities from Europe and Asia have dismantled a cybercriminal group that specialized in hacking into automated teller machine (ATMs).
Cisco Systems has patched a critical vulnerability in its WebEx collaboration and conferencing extension for Google Chrome and is working on similar patches for the Internet Explorer and Firefox versions.
Thanks to advances in artificial intelligence identifying people based on how they type can now be done with a very high level of accuracy, making it a viable replacement for other forms of authentication on the Web.
One of the leading cybercrime investigators at antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab was reportedly arrested in Russia as part of a probe into activities that could represent high treason.
Over the past two years, Google has convinced developers to patch security issues in over 275,000 Android apps hosted on its official app store.
- Project Manager - Security/Cyber Security VIC
- PMO Specialist - Permanent ACT
- Data Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala) VIC
- Senior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage Specialist NSW
- Wicked Front-End Developer VIC
- Unix Administrator NSW
- Technical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service Manager VIC
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) NSW
- Business Analyst QLD
- System Engineer SA
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).