After <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2325573/software/how-the--net-might-get-kerry-elected.html">John Kerry</a> lost a very winnable election in 2004, Democrats were worried that Republicans had gained an almost insurmountable lead in both technology and data analysis.
Stories by Jeff Vance
The Big Data space is heating up
The Big Data space is heating up – to the point that many pundits already see it as the over-hyped heir to "cloud." The hype may be a bit much, but Big Data is already living up to its potential, transforming entire business lines, such as marketing, pharmaceutical research, and cyber-security.
Now that the holidays are over, reality has set in and you probably have a resolution or two to live up to. If any of your resolutions are along the lines of "be more efficient at work" or "find ways to boost productivity," you're in luck. These apps will help you meet and even exceed your work-related resolutions in 2014.
It's time to look at apps that make these mobile devices even more powerful for business users.
Operating a small business isn't easy. So, here’s a list of 25 must-have technologies that will help make your life easier and your business more successful.
Running a small business isn't easy. I know. I run one. As a freelance writer, I’ve learned that you need to run your writing career as if you were running a business.
As a catch-all term, “mobile” can mean anything from a me-too app to an elaborate augmented reality platform.
The very notion of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) makes many CIOs and IT managers nervous. BYOD represents a loss of control, additional security risks, and, of course, the unknown. Here are six things to prepare for:
It can be tough finding the right app for the right task, but here are 25 essential business apps for Android
Social media is taking up more and more of our time, both at home and work. Many enterprises have even started to treat social media tools as mission-critical, meaning that if you don't start mastering them, your lack of knowledge could impede your career.
iPhone users love to brag about their phones. Yet, for many users, Android is clearly the superior platform.
IPhone users love to brag about their phones. They line up around the block and stand in line for hours when a new one is released. Yet, for many users, Android is clearly the superior platform. Yes, its Achilles' heel is a big one: security. Android's openness and large market share mean that it's a juicy target for attackers.
Hoarding shows are popular these days. Hoarders, Hoarding: Buried Alive, Confessions: Animal Hoarding and on and on. The images are consistent: Boxes stacked to the ceilings. Piles of newspapers dating back to the Nixon era. Feral cats skittering behind furniture. Empty cans of cat food, beans and soup scattered everywhere.
Personal information belonging to a <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/092111-massachusetts-data-compromised-251099.html">full third of Massachusetts residents has been compromised</a> in one way or another, according to the state's attorney general, citing statistics gleaned from a tough new data breach reporting law.
- Windows System Engineer NSW
- Project Manager - Adelaide based NSW
- Service Desk Analyst NSW
- ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) QLD
- Salesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based) Other
- PMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background Essential NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant QLD
- Network Solution Architect VIC
- Branch Practice Manager - Security QLD
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).