Patch experts struggled with Microsoft's decision to cancel this month's updates, pointing out that known vulnerabilities will go unpatched and IT planning was disrupted.
Stories by Gregg Keizer
Apple has set June 5-9 as the dates for its 2017 annual developers conference and plans move the event to San Jose, Calif., which is closer to its headquarters in Cupertino.
Microsoft earlier this month quietly extended the life of Windows 10's debut edition, the version launched in July 2015.
Microsoft didn't say why it postponed this month's security updates, but a patch expert pointed to a likely problem with the company's update service infrastructure.
Microsoft officially launched a premium-grade Outlook.com email service in the U.S. that omits ads, provides five inboxes and supports personalized addresses.
Microsoft today took the unprecedented step of postponing an entire month's slate of security updates for Windows and its other products.
Talk of a new version of Windows 10, dubbed "Cloud," surfaced last week and many see the move as a way to rival Google's Chrome OS.
Microsoft has been stuck on the 400 million mark for Windows 10 for more than four months, but outside data indicates the OS has gained ground slowly.
Microsoft has released a refreshed beta of Office 2016 for Mac that includes support for Apple's latest hardware innovation, the Touch Bar on newer MacBook Pros.
Microsoft will end all support for Windows Vista in two months when it issues final patches on April 11.
Features offered only on the iPhone 7 Plus helped boost sales of the larger smartphone, but weren't the only reasons a higher percentage of customers went big in 2016.
Mozilla next month will bar plug-ins built using a decades-old technology from Firefox, ending a years-long effort to make the browser more secure.
Mozilla is shuttering a group tasked with creating an operating system for the Internet of Things and will lay off an unspecified number of workers.
Microsoft wants the government to allow exemptions to last week's executive order on immigration to meet "the pressing needs of real people," including scores of employees and their families.
Microsoft's browsers in January relapsed into bad habits, losing significant usage share to end the month at just over 25%.
- Senior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBD VIC
- Senior Information Security Consultant QLD
- Project Manager - Adelaide based NSW
- Windows Administrator ACT
- Senior Security Sales Specialist VIC
- Business/Process Analyst NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) NSW
- PMO Specialist - Permanent ACT
- Project Manager - Adelaide based VIC
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules) VIC
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).