Microsoft has largely invalidated one of Windows 10's signature concessions to corporate customers, said Gartner analysts Stephen Kleynhans and Michael Silver.
Stories by Gregg Keizer
Finnish security vendor F-Secure released 34 pages of transcripts from the group chat used by the crafters of the Spora ransomware family. The transcripts give a whole new meaning to tech support.
Apple this week took control of the icloud.net domain, the last notable web address it did not govern that users could have linked with its online sync and storage service.
Microsoft has reaffirmed that it will issue two Windows 10 upgrades this year, twice the number of 2016 but still shy of the firm's original plans.
Patch experts struggled with Microsoft's decision to cancel this month's updates, pointing out that known vulnerabilities will go unpatched and IT planning was disrupted.
Apple has set June 5-9 as the dates for its 2017 annual developers conference and plans move the event to San Jose, Calif., which is closer to its headquarters in Cupertino.
Microsoft earlier this month quietly extended the life of Windows 10's debut edition, the version launched in July 2015.
Microsoft didn't say why it postponed this month's security updates, but a patch expert pointed to a likely problem with the company's update service infrastructure.
Microsoft officially launched a premium-grade Outlook.com email service in the U.S. that omits ads, provides five inboxes and supports personalized addresses.
Microsoft today took the unprecedented step of postponing an entire month's slate of security updates for Windows and its other products.
Talk of a new version of Windows 10, dubbed "Cloud," surfaced last week and many see the move as a way to rival Google's Chrome OS.
Microsoft has been stuck on the 400 million mark for Windows 10 for more than four months, but outside data indicates the OS has gained ground slowly.
Microsoft has released a refreshed beta of Office 2016 for Mac that includes support for Apple's latest hardware innovation, the Touch Bar on newer MacBook Pros.
Microsoft will end all support for Windows Vista in two months when it issues final patches on April 11.
Features offered only on the iPhone 7 Plus helped boost sales of the larger smartphone, but weren't the only reasons a higher percentage of customers went big in 2016.
- Solution Designer VIC
- Project Manager (Software product development) VIC
- PMO Specialist - Permanent ACT
- Test Planner - Infrastructure/Data Centre ACT
- Senior Network Administrator NSW
- Senior Storage System Engineer - NetApp Specialist NSW
- Database Developer ACT
- DevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern Beaches NSW
- Bid Manager VIC
- Project Manager (Event Management) NSW
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).