File compression startup, Clipchamp (not Pied Piper from TV series, Silicon Valley), has won $50,000 in a cash prize from its pitch at Queensland University of Technology’s qutbluebox Innovation Challenge.
Stories by Rebecca Merrett
Australian-based mobile payment company mHITs today launched BitMoby, a service that allows people to use bitcoins to purchase credit for prepaid mobile phone accounts.
In response to Bitcoin price volatility, CoinJar is allowing users to lock in the fiat money price of bitcoins with the launch of Hedged Accounts.
Webjet today began trialling Bitcoin payments for its 'Webjet Exclusives' arm, which offers deals the travel agency has directly negotiated with suppliers. Webjet is the first online travel agency in Australia to embrace the digital currency.
Physicists at the Australian National University and University of Otago have developed a prototype hard drive that can store gigabytes of quantum data for six hours, making it easier to send the data across the globe.
The University of Auckland has moved 550 virtual machines to a distributed cluster for disaster avoidance without impacting daily operations as part of project to centralise its IT infrastructure.
The government's new data retention bill has drawn mixed responses from industry with iiNet and Electronic Frontiers Australia opposing the legislation while Telstra is voicing its support.
The Australian government today introduced a bill for mandatory data retention that will require telcos and ISPs to retain records of people's telephone and internet communications for two years.
Are we heading towards a world where humans will have to compete with machines? Futurist Ross Dawson addressed this concern at the Australian Computer Society's YITCon event in Melbourne this week, and spoke about how to stay ahead of the game when it comes to jobs in the future.
Australian Bitcoin exchange igot.com plans to partner with billers such as utility companies, real estates or landlords, phone and Internet providers to enable users to pay for their bills and rent.
Greens Senator Scott Ludlam has expressed alarm at a proposal by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull to cut spectrum from community TV broadcasters.
Online point of sale provider Vend has partnered with DC POS (Digital Currency Point of Sale) to allow retailers to transact with bitcoins.
A new website is highlighting that United States trade officials could dictate to other countries their laws and regulations relating to the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP).
Civil liberties group Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) has voiced fears that the government is playing up concerns about terrorism to justify increases to its surveillance powers through a mandatory date retention scheme.
Australian entrepreneurs Amber Blumanis, creator of Stopover app, and Philip Andrews, cofounder of Liquid State, were announced as winners in the international Talent Unleashed Awards last night.
- Test Manager WA
- Group Director Information Services WA
- SAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to Design WA
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant QLD
- Technical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - Virtualization NSW
- Business/Process Analyst QLD
- Project Manager SA
- IT Business Analyst NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules) WA
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architect ACT
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow