Decision making can be a critical process for any IT professional, but at the Country Fire Authority (CFA) it can be a matter of life and death. As a cancer survivor and father of an autistic child, Michael Foreshew took on the challenge in an effort to give something back to the community.
Stories by Kathryn Edwards
Tom Burton has spent the last few years as online director at The Center for American Progress (CAP), a think tank run by the Obama Administration. The former journalist and ministerial adviser spoke to <i>Computerworld</i> about his new role as the Australian Communication and Media Authority (ACMA) Gov 2.0 champion.
Tasmania’s political leaders have begun the battle for votes ahead of the State’s election on many fronts, but not over the National Broadband Network (NBN) currently being rolled out across the island state.
Hays IT recruitment expert has warned employers can no longer take the time to be picky with potential hires
Cisco Australia has refused to say whether any of the 2000 to 3000 new jobs its global CEO John Chambers announced recently will be on offer in the region.
The Federal Government has accelerated its national e-health journey with the introduction of key legislation into parliament this week.
IT help desk support was the most sought after job across Australia in January, according to the February SEEK Employment Index.
A conglomerate of Australasian computer science academics has voiced opposition to the Federal Government’s plans to introduce mandatory ISP-level Internet content filtering.
The attempted terrorist attack aboard a US-bound Christmas Day flight has prompted the Federal Government to introduce body scanning technology at international airports, as part of a $200 million airport security boost.
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has defended the NBN Co recruitment process, saying it made an independent decision to hire Mike Kaiser as its government relations officer.
The company responsible for rolling out the National Broadband Network (NBN) is expected to announce shortly some “first-release” sites to trial the high-speed fibre network infrastructure and test construction techniques.
The Queensland Government has tackled a new idea which will see critical data about the State’s hospital emergency departments made available to the public online.
[[xref:http://www.computerworld.com.au/tag/linux.conf.au|Linux.conf.au|Computerword :: Linux.conf.au]] may be over for another year, but the open source community’s generosity will continue to have a lasting impact on New Zealand’s Life Flight Trust.
IT job ads decreased slightly in January, down 0.28 percent, and fell behind the national average, according to the latest results from the Olivier Job Index.
Job seekers should stop focusing on job security to obtain a more rewarding career, according to a recruitment expert.
- Junior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - Sydney NSW
- Security Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde Based NSW
- Project Manager (Software product development) VIC
- Project Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills location NSW
- Organisational Change Manager ACT
- Business Intelligence - BI and Reporting QLD
- Technical Business Analyst-DevOps NSW
- Project Coordinator VIC
- Network Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall Expert VIC
- Microsoft Devops Engineers - contract - Sydney NSW
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!