Global and local firms are vying for position in Japan's late-blooming market for streaming media content.
Stories by Tim Hornyak
Fujitsu has developed a 300GHz receiver that could allow mobile devices to download 4K or 8K high-def video instantly.
Canon's latest prototype DSLR camera features a 120-megapixel sensor with more than double the resolution of the EOS 5DS and 5DS R.
Canon developed an experimental CMOS sensor with 250 megapixels that could be used in some enterprise applications such as surveillance.
Fujitsu has developed task-sharing and scheduling technology for wireless networks that could double capacity in individual cells
Pioneer is testing cheap, compact LIDARs by using know-how gained in laserdisc development and manufacturing.
Researchers from the U.S. and Singapore have developed self-driving golf carts that use minimal sensing equipment, and demonstrated them in a public park.
Onomichi in Japan has rolled out a website that lets people virtually wander the city from the perspective of a cat.
Sony and LG have different design visions for their latest smartwatches, but both resemble traditional timepieces.
As weather apps proliferate, advocates say millions of smartphones and other devices are providing more accurate predictions than traditional models of forecasting.
Mobile gaming giant DeNA has released Mirrativ, a live streaming app that allows any content on a smartphone screen to be broadcast.
Portable keyboards for mobile devices tend to come in either rigid and foldable or rubbery and rollup forms. LG Electronics is launching one that's a bit of both.
Sony is introducing a US$166 wireless compact TV speaker that can automatically adjust the volume according to ambient noise levels.
Hitachi has created mobile logistics robots that can use two arms to handle inventory in warehouses.
Sony is gunning for a slice of the growing drone market, showing off newly developed unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) from its drone venture, Aerosense.
- Senior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - Applications NSW
- Salesforce Technical Business Analyst QLD
- Data Migration Lead - SAP NSW
- PMO Analyst - Financial Services NSW
- Senior Support Engineer QLD
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Service Manager ACT
- Automation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoing ACT
- Junior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - Sydney NSW
- Procurement Analyst QLD
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow