Researchers from Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC) have developed a spam classifier which uses a model based on repetitive game theory.
Stories by Hamish Barwick
Cricket fans in Australia are being warned not to reply to an email which claims they have won money in the 2013 Ashes series.
Complaints about its mobile banking app led ING Direct Australia to develop a new version which offered improved features with good security.
Regulation may be the only way to improve website privacy policies according to former Australian Privacy Commissioner, Malcolm Crompton.
A Gartner security analyst is urging enterprises to ignore the hype around cyber security spending and look at areas of their business that need protection.
The Western Australian government has announced $26 million in funding over the next five years for the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) in Perth.
Strategic partnerships between data centre providers will become more commonplace as companies look to expand services, according to the findings of a report from IDC Australia.
After being subjected to an automated spambot email attack which lasted one week, IT staff at Perisher Resort decided to look for a new security solution.
The New South Wales Police Force is warning people to be vigilant with their credit and debit cards after reports that a card skimming gang is targeting automatic teller machines (ATMs) in NSW.
Financial services provider CMC Markets Stockbroking has signed a deal with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to move into its Sydney data centre, the Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC).
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has raised concerns with lengthy and complex website privacy policies after releasing the results from a privacy sweep of Australia’s 50 most visited sites.
National Australia Bank (NAB) staff are trialling a transaction account called UBank USaver Ultra which can be applied for and verified without human interaction.
The Queensland Police Service (QPS) has rolled out a new storage system to house electronic evidence including child exploitation images and videos.
Nextgen Group subsidiary, Metronode, officially opened its new data centre in Silverwater, West Sydney this month. The facility will be used by the NSW government as part of its Data Centre Reform Strategy.
The Department of Finance and Deregulation’s ICT procurement branch has released a draft data centre structure better practice guide for comment.
- Systems Engineer l Citrix NetScaler NSW
- Network Security Engineer - Cisco ISE VIC
- Network Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port Macquarie NSW
- Business Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based Role VIC
- Security IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Senior PMO Analyst - Reporting NSW
- Network Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall Expert VIC
- Project Manager - Telco VIC
- Chief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001 NSW
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!