The Australian retail sector is set to spend $832.3 million on telecommunications this year as companies invest in payment systems and supply chain management, according to a new IDC report.
Stories by Hamish Barwick
CA Technologies held its annual Expo in Melbourne and Canberra this year. Delegates heard customer success stories from Bankwest, ANZ Bank and Australia Post.
Federal government agency CrimTrac has released a request for expressions of interest (REOI) for the implementation of a national ICT platform that includes DNA matching and searching functions.
An estimated 500,000 Australians aged between 18 and 64 have been scammed when buying tickets online in the past 12 months, according to a new survey.
Utility firm EnergyAustralia has warned customers about a scam email which claims that their electricity payment was declined by their bank.
Scammers continue to be a thorn in the side for reputable businesses as company names or financial incentives are used to try and dupe customers. This has been the case for many Australian businesses lately, with customers still falling victim to these types of scams.
Telecommunications retailer Vita Group (ASX:VTG) has signed an agreement to acquire Queensland-based ICT services provider Camelon IT for $4.6 million.
The National Australia Bank (NAB) has warned customers about an email scam which claims that access to their accounts is restricted.
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) has begun offering a service called Cloud Connect which connects customers to Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Sydney.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority has issued a formal warning to e-marketer DND Media for sending daily discount offers to consumers without their consent.
Deloitte Digital has acquired Brisbane-based Web content management consultancy Digicon and will establish a new office in the city.
The Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) has issued a warning to members about phone scammers who pretend to represent APNIC and request MyAPNIC login or password details.
Salmat has struck a $30 million five-year IT managed services deal with Fujitsu.
Data centre infrastructure vendor Nutanix has appointed Wayne Neich as Australia and New Zealand managing director.
A review by former Australian Federal Police (AFP) Commissioner Mick Keelty of the Queensland Police Service (QPS) has found that its ICT is “significantly behind” other policing agencies in Australia.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architect ACT
- Network Specialist - IPAM Telco VIC
- Senior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial Services NSW
- Security Analyst - multiple roles ACT
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) WA
- Senior Network Administrator NSW
- Performance Tester ACT
- Application Services Administrator (Linux) NSW
- Infrastructure Test Analyst ACT
- Project Support Specialist VIC
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).