The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) says it has resolved a technical issue with NetBank online banking and that full services are "progressively being restored."
Stories by Hamish Barwick
In a bid to get its name out to the average punter, iiNet has extended its partnership with T20 cricket team the Sydney Sixers for another three years.
Because the efficiency of small and medium data centres is less driven by market competition, mandatory energy efficiency standards are needed.
Westpac New Zealand has completed a trial which could allow customers to use finger print scanning to log into its mobile banking app on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and eventually other smartphones.
National Australia Bank (NAB) has confirmed that it will be ending ties with Bitcoin traders after a letter was sent to business customers who trade in crypto currencies.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has apologised after the addresses of subscribers to some of the ACC's information alert services were published online.
Annual PDF reports on the health and wellbeing of children and young people in Victoria have
been replaced with an online Victorian Child and Adolescent Monitoring System (VCAMS) portal run by the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD).
With people handing in their company-supplied smartphone for their own consumer device such as an iPhone, it has become harder for IT managers to keep control of who is accessing their network and what information users have on their phone.
Facebook opened the doors of its Sydney office to media for a privacy briefing this week. Computerworld Australia senior journalist Hamish Barwick was given a tour and snapped the following images of the social media company's Australian operations.
User feedback has led Facebook to start testing a popup privacy checkup message for users when they post content. The company is also planning to enable users to set restrictions on past cover photos in the coming months.
Data centre vendor Equinix has completed a $32 million (US$30 million) expansion of its SY3 data centre in Mascot, Sydney, allowing space for an additional 1,000 cabinets
Telstra has lodged a formal appeal in the New South Wales Federal Court over its exchange and underground duct access pricing increase dispute against the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) and iiNet (ASX: IIN) subsidiaries.
California-headquartered security vendor Vormetric has opened an office in Sydney to service customers in Australia and New Zealand.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has launched cyber safety videos and resources to discourage sexting and cyber bullying amongst Indigenous communities around Australia.
Arbor Networks opened the doors to its Sydney research and development centre recently. The centre was opened following the vendor’s acquisition of security analytics firm Packetloop in September 2013 and has being used to develop new security products.
- Transition Project Manager NSW
- Systems Engineer - NV2 ACT
- Network Administrator WA
- IT Security Consultant - NSW
- Oracle Siebel Administrator - JULY START ACT
- Change Manager - SAP Finance NSW
- Oracle Applications Team Lead NSW
- Project Manager ACT
- Positive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information security ACT
- SAP Project Managers NSW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.