Most IT departments have project roadmaps that will require open-source skills, but finding recent college grads with open source talent can be challenging.
Stories by Sandra Gittlen
There's both art and science to predictive analytics in a security setting, early adopters say.
Companies including MITRE are looking at privileged access and how to better lock it down -- without stopping employees from doing their jobs.
When it comes to shutting down out-of-date, risky or unnecessary applications, James Gordon, vice president of technology and operations at Needham Bank, doesn't mess around.
When Robert Howard first took over as CIO at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, Ga., last year, there was little doubt of his mandate.
Sophisticated marketing initiatives that rely heavily on analytics and back-end systems integration are inspiring IT and marketing pros to collaborate more closely.
Want to promote harmony between marketing and IT? Try these steps.
Big-name companies including General Electric and Best Western are maturing their social marketing programs and integrating social metrics with back-end systems.
From writing dated, irrelevant job descriptions to accepting a less-than-ideal candidate because the work is piling up, classic hiring mistakes are just waiting to trip up managers.
Adding a competitive component to enterprise software improves adoption and real-time decision-making, gamification advocates say.
While gamification - the use of game mechanics within applications - is catching hold, simulations, which mimic real-world scenarios, are still a hot market for organizations.
A year after Oregon's Multnomah County deployed an on-premises portfolio management application, the two IT staffers dedicated to it resigned. Other staff struggled to maintain the specialized server environment. Left with no other option to guarantee support of the mission-critical tool, the county leapt into the cloud.
So you received word that cloud is now a priority for your organization. The challenge is how do you get your team cloud-ready? "The cloud is changing so rapidly there's no book you can buy to get up to speed," says Ross Lambert, software architect and development lead for electricity storage provider Demand Energy Networks.
IT pro spend their days figuring out how to support a mobile workforce that can operate wholly off-site, yet the telework perk remains elusive for them.
Becoming a BYOD guru isn't an overnight proposition -- it's something that takes initiative, persistence and time. We've identified five key resource areas that can help you master the technical, legal and security ramifications of BYOD and maintain a pipeline of information once you've rolled out your own program.
- Checkpoint Firewall and VPN NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management SA
- Senior Test Analyst QLD
- ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- ITCM Technical Specialist - Sydney NSW
- Senior Technical Specialist - AIX VIC
- Junior Project Manager QLD
- Identity Access + Security Consultant SA
- Project Scheduler NSW
- Security IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).