In Satya Nadella, Microsoft played it sensible. Here are the Ballmer successors we tech wags wanted to make our Redmond-flogging jobs a little easier
Stories by Robert X. Cringely
The Hulk, Professor X, Iron Man -- the superhero alter egos of today's top tech leaders revealed!
Which tech newsmakers have made the biggest splash so far this year, and which have gone splat?
Knocked flat and left for dead -- these 10 technologies and companies turned around their fate with historic flair
Tech-minded backstabbers abound. Don't get caught this Ides of March with your back turned to the wrong vendor, partner, or customer
Buyouts, betrayals, and booty calls - the tech industry is steamy with merger and split-up intrigue
Breakouts and busts: Here's the lowdown on this year's sizzlers and fizzlers in tech
Who are the top turkeys in tech? Cringely serves up a few deserving candidates. Please pass the gravy.
Among a bounty of flops, flubs, and faceplants, Cringely picks tech's 10 biggest blunders we've seen in the first half of the year
Spitting into tea cups, poking goat entrails, tracing the movements of the stars across the heavens, dialing up the Psychic Friends Network -- these things pale in comparison to today's preferred method of divination: Parsing the invitations to Apple special events.
"I for one welcome our new computer overlords" -- that's a quote from Ken Jennings, the guy who used to be the world's biggest "Jeopardy" egghead until IBM's Watson supercomputer waxed the floor with him and Brad Rutter, his fellow puny human.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.This will be the year of the hacker --- or rather, the year hacking goes mainstream.
It doesn't get much better than this: two tech giants playing a game of "cheater cheater pumpkin eater" and "I know you are but what am I?" in public for all the world to see.
Stop me if you've heard this one: Steve Jobs is taking another medical leave from Apple.
Ah, AOL -- just when it looked like you were about to slip into boring mediocrity, you surprise us yet again with your antics.
- Data Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration Project QLD
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX ACT
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX QLD
- Checkpoint Firewall and VPN NSW
- Capacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z Systems VIC
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant SA
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management WA
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX WA
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX VIC
- Junior Design Project Coordinator QLD
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow