Screen after screen, folder after folder, app after app, the iPhone has become the new enabler for the mobile hoarder. For the New Year, though, many iPhone addicts have vowed to break or at least temper this fixation. If you’re looking for a fresh start, you can begin by deleting these 10 apps.
Stories by Tom Kaneshige
Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
Move over Donald Sterling. The exploits of these misbehaving technology executives give the now-infamous billionaire L.A. Clippers owner a run for his money when it comes to moronic acts.
The iPhone has changed the world of digital photography. Not only are more images than ever shared around the world, but photographers from amateurs to pros are using iPhones to capture the moment in creative new ways.
If you were just getting comfortable with BYOD, brace yourself for new twists and turns. CIOs can expect more devices to enter the enterprise in consumer clothing, real security threats to emerge, new MDM options and much more in 2014.
Apple marketers are some of the best in the business, especially when showing off the new iPad Air in a promotional video. But don't fall completely for the marketing hype this holiday season. We break down one of their most compelling videos to separate real-world uses from fantasy.
From a distance, Silicon Valley may look like a center for technical innovation. But it's more than that. Look closer and you'll find a home for social outcasts, radical libertarians and nerdy geniuses who dream of fleeing society entirely and building their own tech-utopias.
As a rule, CEOs in the technology industry tend to be a pretty bright group. Their vision, passion and leadership have changed the world. But they also have moments that leave the rest of us wondering, "Are they really that dumb?"
Everyone wants to hire millennials for their fresh ideas, youthful energy and tech savvy. But how much do you really know about them? The apps they carry on their smartphones tell a lot and you can expect millennials to want these apps on their BYOD phones at work, too.
Everyone seems to be jumping on the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) bandwagon, but it's a bumpy ride. There are many ways to fall off and get a bloody nose (or worse). As the BYOD reality catches up to the hype, here are 12 very real disaster scenarios.
The iPhone has become a battleground for a number of popular mobile app categories. In addition to Apple's own native apps, there is an ecosystem of third-party apps--all fighting for a place on your iPhone.
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) movement affects everyone at a company, from CEO on down to the hourly worker. Here are 10 of the most common worker types taking shape in the new BYOD workplace.
Have some business travel planned? Get ready to put on a happy face, chat strangers up and expand your professional circle at the next conference or seminar. Here are some trusty iPhone apps to help you network.
The first iPhone hit the market less than five years ago -- and shook up our world. Now iPhone sightings are everywhere, with Apple lovers listening to music, playing games and staring into tiny screens. The last holdouts are coming around and finally getting a smartphone. Most people feel lost without their iPhones. Can you live without these iPhone apps?
The Macworld | iWorld Expo in San Francisco is an Apple lover's Disneyland. Ashton Kutcher kicked things off by plugging his movie iJobs, but the main attraction is the showroom floor where vendors display their wares, everything from iPad and iPhone add-ons to iOS apps to Apple enterprise gear.
- Technical Digital Producer / Requirements Engineer NSW
- Permanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditions ACT
- Business Analyst - Telco VIC
- Project Coordinator NSW
- Project Specialist Continuity Automation VIC
- Senior Business Analyst - NV1 VIC
- Iteration Manager/Agile Project Manager NSW
- Technical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MX NSW
- Infrastructure Business Analyst NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254 Asia
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.