Verizon will provide 4G LTE connections to the bikes and the solar charging stations where they are parked, among other tech.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Third-quarter smartphone sales showed strength by Chinese vendors but declines of 6% for Apple iPhones and 14% for Samsung smartphones over the same quarter last year.
Cisco, which has promoted its smart city technologies for more than two years, announced that 10 cities, including Paris and Copenhagen, are using its cloud-based service to connect to traffic, parking and environmental sensors in real time.
A $1.8 million Integrated Security Operations Center, opened in late 2015, consolidates threat intelligence from what previously was carried out in four different locations.
The users of millions of faulty Samsung Galaxy Note7s face a another potential dilemma: The fate of their personal data on the devices.
Web traffic from smartphones will make up 43% of all web traffic next year and will reach 52% globally in 2019, according to research firm Forrester.
Last week's massive distributed denial-of-service attack has prompted an urgent focus on the need for industry-led cybersecurity standards for internet of things devices.
Masterpass digital payment technology will run on many General Motors vehicles starting in 2017 with an assist from IBM's Watson.
The DDoS attack launched Friday against Dyn should serve as a "wake-up call about security issues across IoT," said one cybersecurity expert.
The intrinsic value of AT&T's proposed $85 billion merger with Time Warner is based primarily on recent growth in mobile video consumption, especially among users under age 35.
While Apple Pay supposedly helped spark a revolution for in-store mobile payments, there's not much celebrating by Apple or its rivals.
Digital mapping company Esri has partnered with crowdsourcing traffic app maker Waze to help city governments and drivers communicate more efficiently about traffic conditions, including construction delays and accidents.
Some of the early reports on faulty Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones that caused burns and property damage have been invalidated, significantly reducing the number of incidents.
While production of the Note7 has stopped, it's imperative that Samsung figure out what went wrong and lay out the details publicly.
There is a split opinion over whether the successor phone should be named the Note8 or adopt an entirely new moniker, to avoid reminding consumers of a device that can catch fire in their pants.
- Wicked Front-End Developer NSW
- Consultant Business Analyst QLD
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX WA
- DevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern Beaches NSW
- Technical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service Manager ACT
- IT Business Analyst NSW
- Business Analyst/ Iteration Manager VIC
- Test Analyst QLD
- Project / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast Location QLD
- BPM Technical Analyst VIC
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow