There is a split opinion over whether the successor phone should be named the Note8 or adopt an entirely new moniker, to avoid reminding consumers of a device that can catch fire in their pants.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Samsung's Galaxy Note7 smartphone may be headed for the trash bin, amid new reports that a handful of replacement units have overheated.
Verizon should push for a big discount off its pending US$4.8 billion deal to buy Yahoo, given Yahoo’s recent data breach and reported questionable security practices, several analysts said.
The White House is touting $80 million in new federal funds for its ongoing Smart Cities Initiative.
The company's investigating whether the unit that caused the evacuation of a Southwest jet was indeed a replacement.
AT&T and IBM said they have teamed up to offer more cloud networking services to businesses.
Google launched several new products, including two Pixel smartphones that natively run a new Google Assistant built on recent advances in artificial intelligence to improve personalized, voice-capable searches.
Google Fiber's strategy to use wireless technology to supplant its fiber optic cable installations came into sharper focus with the purchase of Webpass.
Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
It will be another two years, at least, before chip cards become ubiquitous among U.S. retailers.
Banks and financial markets are adopting blockchain distributed database software for payments and lending services at a faster pace than once expected.
Mastercard launched an ambitious open Mastercard Developers platform to help third-party developers create commerce-related apps and services.
U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., on Monday urged the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate whether Yahoo met its legal obligations to keep the public and investors informed about a massive breach of 500 million Yahoo accounts.
There's some debate about whether the number can indeed be that high, and what happened to the other 10% of Note7 users -- if they've already gone to another device or just opted not to do anything at all.
Verizon, now finalizing its $4.8 billion purchase of Yahoo, only learned of the massive data breach at Yahoo two days ago.
- Junior Design Project Coordinator QLD
- Cloud Orchestration Specialist VIC
- Network Security Engineer - Cisco ISE VIC
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Senior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBD NSW
- National Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBD NSW
- Checkpoint Firewall and VPN NSW
- Life/400 Technical Business Analyst NSW
- Security Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde Based NSW
- Capacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z Systems VIC
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).