Steven Mnuchin, a former CIO and executive vice president for Goldman Sachs, told senators on Thursday that he is “very concerned about the lack of first-rate technology at the IRS” as well as staff cuts in recent years.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Fraud attempts on digital retail sales jumped 31% from Thanksgiving to Dec. 31 over the previous year, according to a survey of purchasing data from ACI Worldwide.
Users can access the map wirelessly with smartphones and tablets.
More high-profile cyber-exploits and allegations of Russian election-hacking has brought the issue to the fore.
The chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security said his top priority in 2017 will be to push for creation of a cybersecurity agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
Last week's U.S. intelligence report tracing Russia's cyber-meddling with the 2016 presidential election is a timely reminder of the cybersecurity risks that the government and private companies face, said Tom Ridge, the nation's first secretary of Homeland Security.
The adoption of smart city technology to manage traffic, water supplies, air pollution and other needs will see an upswing this year in U.S. cities.
AT&T debuted an advanced communications platform called vehicle-to-anything (V2X) on Wednesday in partnership with Ford and Delphi.
CEOs, board members need to bone up on cybersecurity and not leave those matters to CIOs, analyst says
BlackBerry touted a comprehensive mobile-security platform for a variety of IoT devices connected to enterprises
The recent wildfires around Gatlinburg, Tenn. led to the creation of an interactive online map that allowed evacuated residents to remotely pinpoint which structures were spared or destroyed.
Behavior analytics is one of the more recent buzzwords in enterprise cybersecurity, with more than 35 vendors competing for customers. One vendor, Darktrace, is using machine learning to detect network threats.
Implementing chip cards at the nation’s outdoor fuel pumps is more complex when compared to indoor terminals. Weather plays a role, as do the network configurations required to connect the pumps to banks that certify the payments.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced several software and hardware products to more securely manage the exploding universe of Internet of Things devices.
The smartphone risk is higher this year than in 2015. There are more active cyber criminals and many more shoppers using smartphones to find products and make purchases, either via Wi-Fi in stores or online in other locations.
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) ACT
- Project Manager - Security/Cyber Security ACT
- ERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - Sydney NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical Architect ACT
- Senior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth Advice NSW
- Business Analyst SA
- System Engineer SA
- Front-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- DevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern Beaches NSW
- Senior IT Business Analyst - Permanent Opportunity NSW
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).