CIO worked with Antenna platform to write apps for multiple devices
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Intel will make a big splash at the Consumer Electronics Show on Jan. 6 with its Atom chips featured inside a variety of tablet computers and netbooks, but the chips are not expected to appear in smartphones until the last half of 2011.
Cisco and T-Mobile USA today announced Wi-Fi Calling for Business to help ensure reliable voice calls over Wi-Fi as well as seamless roaming of voice and data traffic between Wi-Fi and cellular networks for smartphone users.
Verizon Wireless smartphone retail sales data show that Verizon needs the Apple iPhone badly, according to a research note entitled Verizon Strikes Out in Smartphones by a financial analyst at Asymco.
Verizon Wireless's first LTE smartphone will be Apple's iPhone, according to an anonymous source who told MacDaily News the device had been spotted at a company training session.
Samsung will soon unveil a luxury Galaxy Tab model that comes with a leather case and Bluetooth headset for about $US1000, according to reports.
A prominent Wall Street analyst declared Friday that Windows Phone 7 has seen a "successful launch" and that Microsoft will heavily market the new platform further, leading to a possible pitched battle against Android smartphones that would leave the iPhone on top.
Verizon Wireless said on Friday that laptop users with USB modems on its new high-speed LTE (Long Term Evolution) network may experience up to a two minute delay when switching over from a 3G coverage zone.
Motorola announced two rugged Wi-Fi-ready mobile computers Tuesday for use in retail, manufacturing and health care.
Global sales of e-readers like Amazon.com's Kindle will reach 6.6 million devices by the end of 2010, and then jump 68 per cent to 11 million devices in 2011 as it battles popular media tablets such as Apple's iPad, Gartner said Wednesday.
A Google executive said this week that he's hopeful that Nokia will decide to adopt the Android platform after new leadership at the world's biggest mobile phone manufacturer finishes a new evaluation of smartphone options.
Amazon.com on Tuesday demonstrated its update of Kindle for the Web which will appear "in the coming months," allowing the full reading and annotation of Kindle books from a Web browser on any device and giving third party booksellers the ability to embed a widget on their sites to sell Kindle books.
Amazon plans to demonstrate a new version of Kindle for the Web on Tuesday, one day after Google launched its Google eBooks and eBookstore strategy.
Google announced Google eBooks and Google eBookstore on Monday, launching a long-anticipated cloud-based system to allow readers to buy e-books online from a choice of booksellers and to read them with a variety of devices.
Samsung has sold 1 million Galaxy Tab tablet devices worldwide just two months after putting it on sale outside the U.S., and all four major wireless U.S. carriers starting sales in mid-November, according to a report.
- Test Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA) NSW
- Program Manager - Data Insight VIC
- Senior Project Manager ACT
- Data Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and Map NSW
- Positive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information security ACT
- Backup Consultant WA
- Certification and Accreditation Security Consultant ACT
- Technical Business Analyst | Marketing Services NSW
- Network Design Specialist - Telecommunications NSW
- Senior Business Analyst -Change and SAP Procurement NSW
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Check your Future Risk
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!