The first day the iPad went on sale in April, half the financial analysts and executives at Baron Funds in New York's Manhattan offices lined up and bought their own -- and then immediately wanted to use them via Wi-Fi at work.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Tiered data pricing is coming to Verizon Wireless customers within four to six months, Verizon Communications CEO Ivan Seidenberg said at an investor conference early Thursday.
HTC is most likely to introduce a tablet computer after the rumored BlackPad from Research in Motion is launched, online odds maker Bookmaker.com predicts.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Mobile and wireless applications are already profoundly affecting underdeveloped areas of the world, experts on a "Future of Mobile" panel said at the EmTech@MIT 2010 conference here Wednesday.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Qualcomm is developing a short-range radio technology called Peanut that would require less battery power than Zigbee , Bluetooth and Ultra Wideband technologies.
Samsung acknowledged today that some Android Market apps on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab will run at a smaller resolution than the 7-in. screen allows.
Motorola launched two new rugged handheld computers today, bringing to three the number of handhelds it makes that support both CDMA and GSM wireless technologies.
Verizon Wireless will push Android 2.2, or Froyo over the air to Motorola Droid X smartphones on Wednesday, though customers can now start updating to the new OS now on their own, the carrier said Tuesday.
Verizon Wireless took more steps Tuesday toward opening its network for location-based applications by releasing a software developer kit (SDK).
Lowell McAdam, 56, has been named president and chief operating officer Verizon Communications effective on 11 October.
By 2014, about 12 per cent of all e-commerce transactions will be made using smartphones and other mobile devices, but fraud detection tools for mobile commerce are lagging, Gartner said today.
Rumors Monday that Facebook is building a mobile phone evolved later in the day to a Facebook spokeswoman insisting that the social networking giant simply wants to "integrate deeply into existing platforms and operating systems." And it's not working on any phone.
Even though mobile apps make big headlines, texting is far more widely used.
A Sprint Nextel spokesman said late Friday that the Galaxy Tab with the Android Froyo operating system is still under development, and suggested that reported problems with running Android apps would be fixed before the device is released this fall.
Windows Phone 7 devices coming this fall will initially work with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but will not include carriers of CDMA technology, which include Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel.
- Analyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982 Asia
- Senior Program Director NSW
- Network Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ ACT
- Technical Writer ACT
- Technical Lead | Senior Java Developer NSW
- Application Test Analyst ACT
- Test Analyst VIC
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251 Asia
- Test Capability Manager VIC
- Change Manager ACT
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW