Smaller businesses that think they could benefit from an unlimited plan from wireless carriers need to calculate their costs carefully.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Fileless malware attacks, which were recently discovered in the networks of at least 140 banks, telecoms and governments, account for about 15% of known attacks today and have been around for years.
C-level execs need to bring themselves up to speed on cyber threats, some analysts say.
One of the trickiest parts of proving the value of emerging smart city technology is showing how city residents could benefit from data being picked up by sensors located in such area as light poles and along streets.
BlackBerry announced a new line of business to provide developers with a secure, cloud-based, mobile communications platform for texting, voice, video and file sharing.
A global cyberthreat report found that 2016 was a mixed bag: malware was down slightly, but ransomware attacks soared, up 167 times the number recorded in 2015.
Deterred by more secure chip cards for in-store payments, thieves have resorted to stealing credit-card numbers and passwords or opening new accounts with false credentials to use in making online payments for purchases, according to recent studies.
AT&T said it will launch its first 5G wireless service in Indianapolis and Austin later this year, offering theoretical top speeds of 400Mbps or higher.
Apple iPhones beat out Samsung smartphones both globally and in the U.S. in the final quarter of 2016, even though both vendors saw declines in shipments for the entire 2016 calendar year, research firm IDC said.
A majority said they'd switch providers in the event of a security breach, the IDC survey says.
As CIOs and IT security pros already know, strong security technology can still be undermined if end users don't follow safe cyber practices.
Even after being given a new, secure device just before his inauguration, President Trump still uses his old phone.
Samsung has released its final report about the battery issues, but not all analysts feel the problems are fully put to rest for consumers everywhere.
An entrepreneurial mindset is key, smart-city managers said at last week's conference.
President-elect Donald Trump has turned over the Android phone he used for tweeting and will use a more secure phone with encryption capabilities that was approved by the Secret Service, according to news reports.
- Senior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial Services NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules) WA
- Unix Systems Administrator NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules) ACT
- Test Automation Engineer VIC
- Senior Project Manager x 2 QLD
- Data Migration Consultant - Lead NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant ACT
- Business/Process Analyst NSW
- Technical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - Virtualization NSW
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!