Fraud attempts on digital retail sales jumped 31% from Thanksgiving to Dec. 31 over the previous year, according to a survey of purchasing data from ACI Worldwide.
Stories by Matt Hamblen
Users can access the map wirelessly with smartphones and tablets.
More high-profile cyber-exploits and allegations of Russian election-hacking has brought the issue to the fore.
The chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security said his top priority in 2017 will be to push for creation of a cybersecurity agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
Last week's U.S. intelligence report tracing Russia's cyber-meddling with the 2016 presidential election is a timely reminder of the cybersecurity risks that the government and private companies face, said Tom Ridge, the nation's first secretary of Homeland Security.
The adoption of smart city technology to manage traffic, water supplies, air pollution and other needs will see an upswing this year in U.S. cities.
AT&T debuted an advanced communications platform called vehicle-to-anything (V2X) on Wednesday in partnership with Ford and Delphi.
CEOs, board members need to bone up on cybersecurity and not leave those matters to CIOs, analyst says
BlackBerry touted a comprehensive mobile-security platform for a variety of IoT devices connected to enterprises
The recent wildfires around Gatlinburg, Tenn. led to the creation of an interactive online map that allowed evacuated residents to remotely pinpoint which structures were spared or destroyed.
Behavior analytics is one of the more recent buzzwords in enterprise cybersecurity, with more than 35 vendors competing for customers. One vendor, Darktrace, is using machine learning to detect network threats.
Implementing chip cards at the nation’s outdoor fuel pumps is more complex when compared to indoor terminals. Weather plays a role, as do the network configurations required to connect the pumps to banks that certify the payments.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced several software and hardware products to more securely manage the exploding universe of Internet of Things devices.
The smartphone risk is higher this year than in 2015. There are more active cyber criminals and many more shoppers using smartphones to find products and make purchases, either via Wi-Fi in stores or online in other locations.
Verizon will provide 4G LTE connections to the bikes and the solar charging stations where they are parked, among other tech.
- Salesforce Technical Business Analyst QLD
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant VIC
- Business Project Manager NSW
- Test Lead VIC
- Senior Linux Systems Administrator NSW
- Project Manager (Software product development) VIC
- Test Automation Architect QLD
- Senior PMO Analyst - Reporting NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- ITCM Technical Specialist - Sydney NSW
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow