All software and hardware in the German parliamentary network might need to be replaced. More than four weeks after a cyberattack, the government hasn't managed to erase spyware from the system, according to a news report.
Stories by Loek Essers
Anticipating the approval of stricter data protection rules in the European Union, cloud storage startup Zettabox bets it will be able to compete against bigger rivals by guaranteeing customers that their data will be housed in Europe.
Groups representing major IT companies have warned U.S. President Barack Obama again not to go through with measures that would undermine encryption technologies. Such policies would undermine privacy and compromise the security of tech products and services, they said.
In an effort to put an end to the bulk data collection of phone records and other large datasets from millions of people, campaign group Privacy International has filed a complaint with a U.K. court.
The European Union's top court has ruled that documents containing details of trade negotiations can remain secret, a decision that comes as a blow to those seeking more transparency in the negotiation of the treaties that are increasingly affecting e-commerce, online privacy, Internet copyright and other uses of IT.
European governments will be able to review the source code of Microsoft products to confirm they don't contain security backdoors, at a transparency center the company opened in Brussels on Wednesday.
After years of thorny negotiations, top EU and U.S. officials say they are close to agreement on two privacy accords that would regulate the transfer of personal data of European citizens to the U.S.
Along with its enormous success, Facebook has a giant, growing TMI (too much information) problem: how to help its almost one and a half billion users sort through the onslaught of news reports, photos, messages, and posts generated on the social network around the world every day.
Disconnect.me, maker of an Android privacy app banned from the Play store, has filed an antitrust complaint with the European Commssion accusing Google of abusing its dominant market position.
Google has launched a centralized hub that lets users manage the privacy and security controls of all its services, and introduced a site with information about these topics.
Almost one in five electronics retailers are still not providing consumers with enough information about their legal rights to a guarantee, according to the European Commission.
Social network Path will soon be under new ownership.
German telecom and Internet operators could once again be forced to store customer traffic and location metadata for police investigation purposes, five years after a previous data retention law was declared unconstitutional.
For the second time in two months a German court has ruled that Adblock Plus, the browser extension for filtering ads, is legal.
In a bid to fight tax avoidance by international business behemoths like Amazon and Apple, the European Commission is proposing mandatory rules to make companies pay taxes to all the countries in which they generate profit.
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251 Asia
- Project Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1 ACT
- Technical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MX NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568 Asia
- Data Engineers NSW
- Project Coordinator NSW
- LMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project Officer SA
- Contract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254 Asia
- OPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COE ACT
- Network Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!! NSW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!