Samsung and other vendors are beginning to incorporate iris scanning into their mobile devices. We examine how this security technology works, its advantages and its drawbacks.
Stories by Lamont Wood
Achieving a diversified staff in a tech firm can't be done casually, and offering prospective employees a shorter work week may or may not entice them to sign up.
Data has to be a two-way street, these panelists agreed.
<strong>2015 IT Salary & Jobs Regional Report: The Southwest</strong>
It came out in 1974 and was the basis of the MITS Altair 8800, for which two guys named Bill Gates and Paul Allen wrote BASIC, and millions of people began to realize that they, too, could have their very own, personal, computer.
It used to be simple: Multiply the microprocessor's clock rate by four, and you could measure a computer's computational power in megaFLOPS (millions of floating point operations per second) or gigaFLOPS (billions of FLOPS.)
Getting employees to take security seriously can be a game that everyone wins.
Thanks to the advent of Big Data, new algorithms and massive, affordable computing power, artificial intelligence is now, finally, on a roll again.
Your smartphone can be a beacon telling the world where you are, with increasing precision. Is that good commerce or bad privacy, or maybe a bit of both?
Ceaselessly, with no end in sight despite outlays that amount to a tax on doing business, the decades-long struggle against malware drags on.
Forget softball games. Hackathons promote togetherness among techies while benefiting the enterprise, and no one gets pitcher's elbow.
For generations, office ergonomics involved various measures intended to keep employees productive while they remained in their chairs. New thinking and new devices are changing all that.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the premiere voice-recognition software package. Its latest version adds additional accuracy.
The tenants at this tech-oriented co-working space/business incubator have a resource they could not tap elsewhere: one another. Collaboration with strangers is, in fact, required for membership.
Advances in accessible interfaces - especially by Apple - have been beneficial for the blind, but the Web remains a minefield of accessibility problems.
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Senior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - Telco VIC
- Project / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast Location QLD
- Project Manager (Event Management) NSW
- Finance Analyst/ Project Specialist VIC
- Technical Business Analyst VIC
- Sharepoint Business Analyst ACT
- Test Capability Lead NSW
- Project / Portfolio Scheduler NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Top insights from the Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report 2017. Watch Video
- Discover security insights, key findings, and the latest cybersecurity threats taken from threat intelligence. Access the full report now