Vodafone Hutchison Australia has reported a loss of $241.8 million for the 12-months ending 31 December — a 40 per cent improvement on last year’s results for the joint venture between Vodafone and Hutchison Telecommunications Australia, when it reported a loss of $430 million.
Stories by Rohan Pearce
Work on consolidating IAG’s policy platforms will begin in the second half of FY17, the insurer’s CEO, Peter Harmer, told a briefing on the company’s results for the six months ending 31 December.
In the back half of FY17 and in the new financial year Woolworths will be seeking a productivity dividend from on the back of the rollout and stabilisation of key new IT systems, CEO Brad Banducci said today during a briefing on the supermarket group’s half-year results.
The federal government today announced it has set aside $1.91 million over four years to help establish an Academic Centres of Cyber Security Excellence (ACCSE) program for Australian universities.
Vocus Group revenue grew 404 per cent compared in the six months ending 31 December compared to the same period in the prior year.
ASX-listed marketing services provider Salmat is moving closer to an all-cloud environment, rolling out Chromebooks to a range of its staff — part of a move led by chief technology officer Dave Glover to largely ditch on-premise software in favour of cloud-based solutions.
Infrastructure as a service and platform as a service offerings from IBM have been added to the government’s Certified Cloud Services List (CCSL), which is maintained by the Australian Signals Directorate.
The Senate’s Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade has given its blessing to measures that will allow the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) to employ automated software systems to make decisions on veteran entitlements.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has issued a warning over businesses claiming the R&D tax incentive for ineligible software development work.
Macquarie Telecom has increased by half the capacity of its Canberra data centre, Intellicentre 4.
New South Wales minister for finance, services and property, Victor Dominello, has foreshadowed a new open data push for the state that he is hoping to take the wraps off later this year.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individual requests access to it.
The Australian Securities Exchange is on track for a decision in late 2017 on whether distributed ledger technology, inspired in part by Bitcoin’s blockchain, represents a suitable replacement for the ASX’s CHESS system.
The federal government has commissioned a review of all its major technology projects. The review will cover all active projects over $10 million and those that “engage a large number of Australians” being conducted by non-corporate Commonwealth entities.
Medibank is on track to move its SAP-based core policy management system — implemented in an initiative dubbed Project DelPHI by the health insurer — out of hypercare in the next three to six months.
- SAP/ Nakisa Implementation Consultant QLD
- Test Analysts - Mainframe ACT
- Project Manager (Software product development) VIC
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant QLD
- Technical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service Manager NSW
- Senior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial Services NSW
- Senior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth Advice NSW
- Senior IT Business Analyst - Permanent Opportunity NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules) ACT
- SAP BW Consultant ACT
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!