There’s no doubt cloud computing is a very real trend. While many organisations keep their core IT assets in-house and under direct control, nowadays you would struggle to find an enterprise that didn’t make use of any third-party cloud service.
Stories by Rodney Gedda
Amid all the talk about the bring your own device (BYOD) phenomenon sweeping the enterprise, there is a subtler trend brewing that is set to become more strategic for IT managers in 2013: bring your own apps (BYOA).
Australia's peak body for Linux and open source software, Linux Australia, will change its constitution and financial year arrangement this month and has committed to offering free memberships for anyone interested in the organisation's programs and events.
Federal opposition communications spokesman Malcolm Turnbull has used his National Press Club address to argue the decision to scrap the Howard government’s OPEL network for an NBN has denied the bush broadband services over the past three years.
The federal government’s Department of Health and Ageing is seeking information from suppliers in preparation for the upcoming national health reform enterprise data warehouse (NHR EDW) program.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) will spend upwards of $10 million on storage infrastructure and services over the next five years.
Virtualisation is still growing strong among IT departments, but at the Australian operations of Hyundai cars, the company is running a 100 per cent virtual infrastructure and the IT head is liking the lack of support calls.
At the launch of the next trial site of the National Broadband Network in Kiama, NSW today, NBN Co chief Mike Quigley said concerns about pricing for Internet access are unfounded as fibre connections cost "thousands" already.
Optus has released a portable 3G “hot spot” based on femtocell technology that can be used by its mobile service customers to get full coverage in areas without a regular base station nearby.
The KDE open source project has released version 4.7 of its KDE Software Compilation (SC) suite debuting support for the new Telepathy unified communications infrastructure and a new level of user experience, according to its developers.
While most Australian telcos have CIOs presiding over dedicated IT departments, mobile network operator, Virgin Mobile, has unified its project management, IT and customer service business units under the guise of its chief operating officer, Matt Anderson.
HP has announced the local availability of its new webOS-powered TouchPad tablet PC with Harvey Norman set to offer the device from August 15 starting at $599.
With 5000 staff, 600 stores, 7.5 million customers and $4.4 billion in revenue, the merged Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) has consolidated its project management office around one core application which it is now integrating with other business systems.
The former CIO of Google and founder and CEO of ZestCash, Dr Douglas Merrill, says companies stuck in traditional management practices risk becoming irrelevant and leaders should not be afraid to do 'dumb' things.
The open source Imixs Workflow and BPM project has reached its third-generation with a framework now based on the Java EE 6 architecture.
- Technical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service Manager QLD
- ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Senior Technical Specialist NSW
- Senior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - Banking NSW
- Network Engineer/ Network Administrator QLD
- Data Migration Consultant - Lead NSW
- Test Planner - Infrastructure/Data Centre ACT
- Group Director Information Services WA
- BPM Technical Analyst VIC
- Project / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast Location QLD
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!