Apple's new CareKit developer framework allows developers and doctors to connect copious amounts of healthcare data -- and make sense of it all. The end result should be healthier patients.
Stories by Ryan Faas
Apple's touting the iPad Pro as a full PC replacement. That might be true for anyone who's really mobile, but if access to legacy apps and corporate systems like Active Directory are important, it might not fit the bill.
Apple this week offered a tantalizing preview of its next update for iOS 9, showcasing Night Shift, CarPlay enhancements and -- most importantly -- a feature for education users that would fit right in at the office.
After spending the past few months living with Windows 10, columnist Ryan Faas says there are aspects of Microsoft's OS that Apple should learn from and adopt.
Although the new Apple TV remains a consumer-focused device, that doesn't mean it has no potential in the boardroom, classroom, store window, or on the retail floor.
Microsoft has made it clear that it will take on a greater role in managing the Windows update process, and IT shops aren'y happy about its pushy plans.
A year after its launch, Apple Pay has seen some significant growth in the U.S. But the mobile payment service has a ways to go to get to wide adoption.
From the get go, it was inevitable that the iPad Pro would be compared to Microsoft's Surface Pro. For companies eyeing both tablets, here's what to consider before buying.
Of all the new features in iOS 8, one hasn't gotten a lot of attention -- and it's the one feature that all iOS 8 users should at least consider.
Although Apple has incrementally improved business and enterprise functions with every iOS release, three releases were particularly significant for business users and the IT professionals that support them: iOS 2 (called iPhone OS 2 at the time), which introduced support for Exchange ActiveSync and configuration profiles; iOS 4, which introduced Apple's mobile management and app encryption APIs and helped launch the MDM/EMM industry; and last year's iOS 7, which ratcheted up enterprise security and management capabilities.
Apple this week <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2604468/apple-watch-steals-show-from-biggest-iphone-ever.html">launched its next generation of iPhones</a> -- the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus -- maintaining a two-device product cycle that mimics last year's iPhone 5s and 5c release.
Apple certainly had a lot to announce and preview during its almost-two-hour media event for the launch of the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which included not only new phones but the company's new mobile payments system known as Apple Pay and the first preview of the Apple Watch -- set to debut sometime early next year.
For the first time since 2000, Apple is allowing pubic beta testers to try out a prerelease version of OS X. Ryan Faas tells testers what to do and what to avoid.
One thing is clear about the Apple-IBM partnership: It will change the dynamic of the enterprise mobility market in significant ways.
In the seven years since the first iPhone arrived, iOS has morphed from a consumer-centric OS into one with a wealth of enterprise-worthy features.
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395 Asia
- Infrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperV WA
- System Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance needed ACT
- Data Management & Reporting Development Officer SA
- Project Specialist - Contact Center and Unified Communications VIC
- User Experience Expert VIC
- Senior Financial Crime Analyst VIC
- Technical Expert VIC
- Contract Manager VIC
- Senior Project Manager - Payroll Integration VIC
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.