The automated security incident response space is still in its infancy, but several companies are working on the problem of collecting all the security alert data, analyzing it, and triggering automatic remediation processes when appropriate.
Stories by Maria Korolov
Vulnerabilities with catchy nicknames get more attention from media, customers, and vendors and so get patched more thoroughly than similar vulnerabilities without clever names.
The rapid growth of the mobile sector has had an unexpected dividend by bringing down the costs and improving the quality of motion sensors, screens, and processors it has helped usher in a new era of virtual reality technology.
Open source software, once just the domain of technology hobbyists, is taking over the software world
The latest release of Fedora, nicknamed "Heisenbug," is a step towards making Fedora a player in the mobile arena. Fedora 20 also includes more support for cloud, and this is also the first release that supports cheap, low-power ARM processors as a primary architecture, in addition to Intel and AMD chips.
Protecting yourself against phishing attacks used to be relatively easy. Don't download unexpected attachments. Visit banking websites directly instead of clicking on links in an email. And look for bad grammar.
The newest release of Ubuntu, dubbed Saucy Salamander, doesn't offer much in the way of new features – except for the introduction of Ubuntu Touch for mobile platforms.
Here are 10 types of links you should never click on.
Whether you're protecting corporate data from internal leakers, hackers looking to steal money from you and your customers, foreign spies, your own government, or employees accidentally leaving their laptops in a taxi, encryption is today's hot go-to tool.
The latest version of Fedora, nicknamed "Schrodinger's Cat", features a number of improvements aimed at IT users. But its strict adherence to the open source philosophy means that it continues to be problematic for typical end users.
Here’s a list of the 15 Big Data companies to watch.
With the right boss and the right broadband, these tech workers relocated to paradise destinations
Nine years ago, Francie Tanner was working at a technology consulting company in Dallas when she received an email that began, "Dear Sir or Madam, I manage a bank in the country of Anguilla..."
Kevin Walker's sales team was buried under information. Internal records, news reports, third-party data sources.
Here are 10 things we love about Ubuntu 13 and 5 things we hate.
- Process Business Analyst X 3 VIC
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Network Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall Expert VIC
- Technical Consultant/Systems Analyst QLD
- UNIX / Linux Engineer NSW
- Project Manager - EDRMS Project QLD
- Project Scheduler QLD
- Salesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based) NSW
- Linux Engineer NSW
- Business Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based Role VIC
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!