Something big is up in the cloud. Google's Senior Vice President for Technical Infrastructure Urs Hölzle says in five years you will barely be able to recognize what today's cloud looks like.
Stories by Brandon Butler
The confluence of mobile, social and big data trends are driving a tectonic transformation and businesses that do not change with these trends will be left behind, analysts from research firm IDC said at Interop 2015.
Interop 2015 features products from networking, Cloud, virtualisation and security vendors.
This week's Interop agenda includes more than 125 sessions covering topics as wide ranging as a status update on the latest trends in software defined networking (SDN) to tips for new application development and delivery methods, infrastructure management, and the pervasive issues of security and mobile workers.
VMware Monday announced its first operating system, and it's designed to run containers inside the company's virtualization management software. In announcing the Linux OS, named Project Photon, VMware is attempting to convince users who are curious about using containers that they can do so while still using the company's software.
Two years ago when Frank Macreery started Aptible to help companies host sensitive healthcare data in the cloud, as CTO he decided that containers would play a pivotal role in the company's operations.
One of the first casualties of the OpenStack world is Nebula, a company founded by a of the pioneer of the open source cloud computing movement.
With all the public cloud storage offerings on the market today, many vendors just want customers to sign up for their services. So, in return for a new account, many offer free cloud storage.
Which cloud is best for building new applications? That depends on your developers and how they like to code, according to new research from Forrester.
During the past year VMware has released a series of network virtualization certifications for network professionals to gain expertise in software defined networking, and specifically how it integrates with existing physical networking.
Amazon Web Services last year was estimated by Gartner to be five times bigger than its next 14 competitors combined. That's a lot of virtual machines. And they all run on a customized version of the open source Xen hypervisor, so when the Xen code has a security vulnerability, that's a big deal for AWS.
There's a rumor that goes around cloud circles about how Amazon.com created what is now the multi-billion dollar infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud computing industry in the early 2000s.
Google offers lots of services and it has pretty good reliability. How does the company do it?
It's a busy time for container technology in the cloud computing market: IBM this week at its InterConnect conference in Las Vegas announced broad support for containers in its hybrid cloud computing software, while Google partnered with OpenStack distributor Mirantis to enable container technology capabilities in the open source cloud platform.
On Nov. 19, 2014 the IT department of a Texas contracting company started getting reports that the Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based email system was unavailable to its employees. Users couldn't get email on their phones or via Outlook. As the day rolled on some users' email came back, others didn't. When US workers signed off, international employees started reporting similar issues. For some users, email was out for 24 hours.
- IT Program Manager ACT
- Business Analyst or Information Analyst NSW
- Senior Business Analyst VIC
- Business Analyst, Advice NSW
- Systems Engineer - NV2 ACT
- Technical PM - Magento E-Commerce Solution NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251 Asia
- Senior Program Director NSW
- Infrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OS Asia
- Network Specialist VIC
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.