As the containers vs. virtual machine debate rages on, new research finds that containers could yield double-digit resource savings compared to virtual machines.
Stories by Brandon Butler
How do you get started using the cloud? To have a successful cloud deployment, it’s helpful to have a plan. The following 10 tips are key for a successful cloud rollout.
In a market dominated by vendors like Amazon, Microsoft and Google is there room for startups? Cloud Chronicles visited ClearSky Data in downtown Boston to find out.
To kick off his company’s Ignite conference in Atlanta this week, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announced that Adobe will run three of its most popular software as a service apps on the Microsoft Azure IaaS cloud. The move is a power play by Microsoft, but it should be taken with a grain of salt: Adobe uses Azure competitor Amazon Web Services heavily, too.
This week at OpenWorld Oracle czar Larry Ellison has some fighting words for AWS, announcing that new features in the second generation of the company’s cloud would give the leader of the IaaS public cloud computing market a run for its money. Does Oracle really have a shot at that?
Cisco has pivoted away from its Intercloud strategy to instead focus on helping customers build private clouds and manage public cloud usage.
Contrary to traditional beliefs, health care organizations can use the public cloud, with the right precautions in place.
For a public IaaS cloud environment to be compliant with strict data privacy laws from HIPAA certain controls must be put in place. Here are 9 examples.
LinkedIn has grown over the past 13 years from a single Java app with a web server into a $26.2 billion acquisition target by Microsoft. In that time, LinkedIn’s infrastructure and engineering had to grow with the company. Here’s how they did it, and why they rely so heavily on application containers today.
Cloud revenues are increasing while traditional hardware vendors are either entrenching in their legacy strategies, expanding to new markets or transforming themselves. A new report from Forrester has advice about what enterprise buyers need to do in these tumultuous times.
The new head of VMware’s networking and security business unit, a former Cisco and Broadcom executive named Rajiv Ramaswami, laid out the future vision for the company’s software defined networking platform NSX at VMWorld 2016.
At VMWorld this week, the virtualization giant VMware is positioning its fast-growing software defined networking product named NSX as a cross-cloud management platform, allowing customers to manage workloads across their on premises data centers and multiple public clouds.
To kick off its VMWorld conference, the virtualization giant launched VMware Cloud Foundation, a platform that integrates virtualized compute, network and storage software into a pre-integrated product.
Hyperconverged infrastructure has emerged as an important platform for hosting private clouds, virtual desktops and new application development.
Ride-hailing app Lyft launched in 2012 from Amazon Web Service’s cloud. Today, the company processes about 14 million rides per month, all still from AWS. At the recent AWS Summit in New York Lyft CTO Chris Lambert described how using the cloud allowed Lyft to grow into the company it is today.
- Network Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall Expert VIC
- SCRUM Master VIC
- Project Manager - Telco VIC
- Digital Business Analyst l Salesforce NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant NSW
- VBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week) QLD
- Data Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration Project QLD
- Technical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - Virtualization NSW
- UNIX / Linux Engineer NSW
- Enterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience Platforms NSW
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow