HP's latest Windows 10 laptop, the EliteBook Folio G1, comes in touch and non-touch versions; it offers a bright display, great keyboard and a variety of options.
Stories by Brian Nadel
You don't need the most expensive laptop available to get in a solid day's work. We evaluate four Windows laptops that cost about $US600 or less.
Three lightweight Bluetooth headphones from Audio-Technica, Bose and Plantronics offer private listening and calling for a reasonable price.
Two $200 systems from Lenovo and HP offer travelers a lightweight and low-cost way to work with Windows apps on the road.
Fed up with mediocre Wi-Fi on the road? For not-so-frequent travelers, a pay-as-you-go personal hotspot might be the answer. We put five to the test.
Powerline devices route data through your electric cables, offering an alternative when Wi-Fi fails. We review 4 of the latest kits to see how well they work.
Stick PCs -- computers contained in a device no larger than a USB key and which, when mated with a monitor, become full desktop PCs -- have been around for a while. However, they have recently started to gain more visibility, primarily because of their ultra-portability, minimal power/space needs and ease of use. They may not be very useful for things like airline flights, but they open the way for carrying around presentations, creating public kiosks and allowing you to use another's computer without needing to access their data (or allowing them to accidentally access yours).
If Apple's new 12-in. Retina MacBook is any indication, the laptop is no longer considered an endangered species -- as long as it's slim and lightweight. However, while the new MacBook is extraordinarily portable and comes with an impressive display, it's garnered a bit of criticism because of its single USB port (which does double duty as a power port) and lack of SD card slots. On the other hand, two new Windows 8.1 systems have recently shipped that not only push the thin-and-light envelope, but offer enough features to make them suitable for both personal and business use.
It's a cruel world out there for tablets: Every day, there's the possibility they will be dropped, knocked, spilled on or just shaken around. And that's just in a normal business day -- if you use your tablet outdoors, while traveling or in a work zone, the odds of a disaster go up precipitously.
With a new low-power processor and a sleek convertible design that delivers five different computing modes, Lenovo's Yoga 3 Pro is a hybrid Windows tablet/laptop with an enviable combination of size, weight, battery life and one of the best screens this side of a desktop computer. But is it worth $1,300?
While businesses have always been careful about how much they spent on electricity, today's displays are making it a lot easier to keep bills lower -- and the environment safer.
Wirelessly sending a presentation from your laptop or tablet to a large screen is a breeze with one of these mirroring devices.
Microsoft's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9248650/Surface_Pro_3_deep_dive_review_Has_Microsoft_finally_got_it_right_">Surface Pro 3</a> has gotten a lot of attention as a way to bridge the gap between tablets and traditional notebooks. Its snap-on keyboard and pull-out rear stand tries to offer the best of both worlds, but with a 12-in. screen and weighing 1.8 lbs. (without its keyboard cover), the Surface Pro is not as light as it could be, particularly for nomadic workers. And starting at $800 for a system equipped with an Intel i3 with 64GB plus $130 for the Type Cover, it is not an inexpensive system.
Chromebooks are lightweight, inexpensive and efficient -- in other words, great for business travel. But can these Cloud-based laptops operate when you're off Wi-Fi? Sure they can -- here are 15 productivity apps that can work with you when you're offline.
All laptops run on batteries and all batteries eventually run out -- especially when you use your device throughout the day. Here are some tips to help keep it going.
- Change Manager- Procurement NSW
- Technical Business Analyst, Superannuation NSW
- NV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projects NSW
- Network Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 support NSW
- Data Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECC NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254 Asia
- Manager, Applications Specialist NSW
- Project Manager Networks NSW
- Release Manager, Infrastructure NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453 Asia
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.