The fact is there is no onesize-fits-all server for small and medium businesses (SMBs). There are hundreds of choices across a dozen or so brands and far more configuration possibilities. Then there are the different approaches to server spend. Some buy on price, some on technology, some on brand, and some a mixture of factors at varying levels. Thankfully, there are some general guidelines on how to approach a new server purchase.
Stories by Trevor Clarke
It's an old concept among law enforcement types, but security professionals were given a rev up in Sydney this week to think like an offender.
Ongoing confidence in Australia’s economic performance will likely see the IT pocket of the ASX continue to perform well but a peak in the business cycle may see share prices drop.
The Drupal community has notched up another win with the Australian Law Reform Commission (ALRC) joining the ranks of organisations implementing the open source content management system (CMS) for its web presence.
A look at the international submarine cable situation, and why it isn't an argument against the NBN
Green IT remains immature across the US, UK, Australia and India and the industry is highly unlikely to offset its carbon emissions by 2020, according to a Fujitsu commissioned survey.
Macquarie Telecom’s hosting business has risen to be one of the company’s major earnings contributors with a rise in EBITDA of 55 per cent to $15.2 million for the 12 months to 30 June.
Satellite telecommunications company NewSat (ASX: NWT) has made the unusual move of taking out a half-page advertisement in the Australian Financial Review to voice its opinion on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
IT departments in publicly listed companies will need to ensure their online investor services are top notch according to a survey by the Australasian Investor Relations Association (AIRA).
The Communications Alliance NBN Project will seek to assist the Coalition’s broadband plan should it win support of the independent MPs that hold the balance of power to form a minority government.
More than 87 per cent of ICT employers and employees are upbeat about their economic future, according to research from recruiting firm Hudson ICT.
Outgoing Finance minister, Lindsay Tanner, will take up the new role of Vice-Chancellor’s Fellow at Victoria University.
ANZ bank has suffered its second EFTPOS and credit card machine failure in three months with thousands of machines nationwide unable process transactions between 11am and 2pm.
MyNetFone (ASX:MNF) has rounded out a solid financial year, reporting net profits of $1.97 million and revenues of $12.1 million.
The success of security firm stratsec in taking out the top honours at this year’s Telstra Business Awards, highlights a security skills shortage according to IBRS analyst James Turner.
- Identity Access + Security Consultant SA
- Senior Linux Systems Administrator NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management QLD
- Organisational Change Manager ACT
- Test Analyst - Healthcare VIC
- SAP Business Objects Consultant ACT
- Network Security Engineer - Cisco ISE VIC
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse Management VIC
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX NSW
- Project Scheduler NSW
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).