Twitter announced a redesign today aimed at making the site more <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9220943/With_250M_tweets_per_day_Twitter_plans_simplicity_strategy">customizable and easier to use</a>.
Stories by Sharon Gaudin
After the U.K. government blamed social networks for fueling the riots last summer, a study shows that Twitter did not incite rioters but was used as a source for positive work.
A Facebook bug came back to haunt the company's co-founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg.
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9134246/The_Internet_is_incomplete_says_its_co_designer_Vinton_Cerf">Vint Cerf, widely considered one of the inventors of the Internet</a> , recently said that Internet governance is one of the most important issues in the high-tech world.
As the end of the year approaches, a look at what people searched for and shared online can start painting a picture of what most interested people during 2011.
Intel has taken on a challenge from Samsung Electronics head-on by picking up the pace and regaining its long-held dominance in the worldwide chip market.
After years of going up against Intel and not fairing so well, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is no longer going to focus on its <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9221461/Global_chip_market_strengthens_as_Intel_AMD_compete">long-standing rival</a>.
With Lenovo surging in the PC maker market, Hewlett-Packard (HP) is facing a serious challenge to its long-standing first-place position.
After angering users with one privacy misstep after another, Facebook yesterday <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222242/Facebook_settles_FTC_privacy_complaints">settled charges by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission</a> (FTC) that it had deceived users and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9191662/Facebook_battles_another_privacy_firestorm">shared information it had told them would be private</a>.
Facebook executives reportedly are looking to take the company public this coming spring with an eye on valuing the social network at more than $100 billion.
As shoppers eagerly take advantage of Cyber Monday deals, a new poll shows that nearly three out of 10 Americans will do most of their holiday shopping online this year.
NASA's $2.5 billion robotic rover Curiosity has begun its long journey to Mars on a mission that the space agency hopes will further its understanding of life in the universe.
If Black Friday was any indication of a move to online shopping, e-tailers on Cyber Monday may be headed to a record breaking sales day.
The man who led the design and development of the first microprocessor 40 years ago said that, at the time, he didn't foresee the extent of the digital revolution he was helping to create.
An industry analyst firm has lowered its forecast for the worldwide semiconductor market for this year because of declining revenue in the fourth quarter.
- Video Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, Remedy NSW
- PMO Analyst NSW
- Backup Consultant WA
- Test Specialist SA
- Business Analyst with change management experience ACT
- Outbound Telesales VIC
- Positive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information security ACT
- Informatica Developer (MDM) NSW
- Outbound Telesales VIC
- Senior Business Analyst -Change and SAP Procurement NSW
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE