Intel has taken on a challenge from Samsung Electronics head-on by picking up the pace and regaining its long-held dominance in the worldwide chip market.
Stories by Sharon Gaudin
After years of going up against Intel and not fairing so well, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is no longer going to focus on its <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9221461/Global_chip_market_strengthens_as_Intel_AMD_compete">long-standing rival</a>.
With Lenovo surging in the PC maker market, Hewlett-Packard (HP) is facing a serious challenge to its long-standing first-place position.
After angering users with one privacy misstep after another, Facebook yesterday <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222242/Facebook_settles_FTC_privacy_complaints">settled charges by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission</a> (FTC) that it had deceived users and <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9191662/Facebook_battles_another_privacy_firestorm">shared information it had told them would be private</a>.
Facebook executives reportedly are looking to take the company public this coming spring with an eye on valuing the social network at more than $100 billion.
As shoppers eagerly take advantage of Cyber Monday deals, a new poll shows that nearly three out of 10 Americans will do most of their holiday shopping online this year.
NASA's $2.5 billion robotic rover Curiosity has begun its long journey to Mars on a mission that the space agency hopes will further its understanding of life in the universe.
If Black Friday was any indication of a move to online shopping, e-tailers on Cyber Monday may be headed to a record breaking sales day.
The man who led the design and development of the first microprocessor 40 years ago said that, at the time, he didn't foresee the extent of the digital revolution he was helping to create.
An industry analyst firm has lowered its forecast for the worldwide semiconductor market for this year because of declining revenue in the fourth quarter.
Fledgling social network Google+ has had a recent traffic boost, recording its third-largest week of visits since the site launched in June, according to online traffic monitor Experian Hitwise.
After months of speculation and anticipation, <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9221927/Google_Music_goes_live_in_U.S._with_Google_integration">Google's online music store</a> is live and it's going up against some big industry names, including Apple's iTunes and Spotify.
In an attempt to move beyond the desktop, Cisco is updating two of its enterprise-level collaboration tools.
After being bombarded with hard-core pornographic and violent images on their news feeds, some Facebook users may change how and if they use the social network, according to industry analysts.
Those who have been waiting for word on Google's launching an online music store may have their questions answered later today.
- Senior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & Refresh NSW
- Product Owner - Marketing NSW
- Senior Project Manager, Software NSW
- Senior Technical Writer VIC
- ICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony Focus NSW
- System Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance needed ACT
- IT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government Background NSW
- Network Designer VIC
- Business Analyst SA
- Project Manager QLD
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW