Analysts are split on how Google's new privacy rules, which went into effect on Thursday, will affect users -- and ultimately the company itself.
Stories by Sharon Gaudin
Companies and organizations that have Brand pages on Facebook are not only getting a new look and new features, they're also going to be able to update their pages to use <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222704/Facebook_pushes_out_Timeline_of_users_online_lives">Facebook's new Timeline</a>.
The Pope Benedict XVI is showing his technical savvy.
A bad global economy, poor market conditions and confusing management moves combined to create a perfect storm that slammed into Hewlett-Packard and staggered the PC maker in its first fiscal 2012 quarter.
Facebook users are becoming decidedly unfriendly, according to a Pew Internet & American Life Project study released Friday.
Step aside Gen X.
Move over Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. There's a new social site stealing some of your buzz: Pinterest, a social photo-sharing site that allows users to create and share collections of images. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., the pinboard-styled service is focused on connecting people through the things they find interesting.
Google will reportedly unveil <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9224083/Google_may_be_working_on_computerized_eyeglasses">computerized eye glasses</a> by the end of the year.
Just months after Twitter and Google failed to reach an agreement for Realtime Search, the microblogging site has inked a deal with Russian search engine firm Yandex.
Researchers at MIT have developed what they're hoping will be something of a pharmacy on a chip.
Were you a bit surprised this week to find that your Twitter page has a new look?
NASA engineers updated the software for a robotic Mars rover, correcting a more than two-month-old computer glitch while the robot hurtled through space on its way to Mars.
With official OKs from the U.S. Department of Justice and the European Commission on Monday, Google moved closer to finalizing its deal to acquire Motorola Mobility.
With a wireless streaming music device reportedly in the works, Google is working on getting deeper into the home entertainment arena, according to reports.
U.K. telecom provider Virgin Media is reducing travel time, increasing team work and decreasing email dependence by deploying social enterprise collaboration tools.
- Senior AGILE Business Analyst NSW
- ICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony Focus NSW
- Hi-Portfolio Consultant NSW
- System Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance needed ACT
- Business Analyst - master data management ACT
- Senior ICT Project Officer ACT
- Senior Business Analyst - Data Management NSW
- NV2 - System Administration / Application Support ACT
- Vendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSM VIC
- Gentrack Consultant VIC
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW