If the Affordable Care Act is repealed without a replacement healthcare plan, freelance, independent or contract workers who make up the gig economy could be hit.
Stories by Patrick Thibodeau
The number of IT jobs shrank in 2016 compared to the year before, most analysts believe, although they differ on specifics and the reasons why. This year's IT jobs outlook varies widely.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is looking to win support for a controversial H-1B reform bill, but the measure is narrowly tailored.
The tool, at minimum, will “help protect consumers from security vulnerabilities caused by out-of-date software,” said the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is advising the tech sector to use end-to-end encryption for every transaction by default, and to scrub logs.
Potential negative impacts can be offset by investments in education as well as by ensuring there is a safety net to help affected people, the White House argued.
President-elect Donald Trump’s threat to impose tariffs on goods manufactured in Mexico and offshore may accelerate the movement to cloud computing, analysts said.
President-elect Trump is threatening tariffs and promising H-1B visa reform, but may be offering carrots as well, namely tax incentives.
IT services firms that hire U.S. workers and don't offshore work and are hopeful about President-elect Donald Trump's planned crackdown on H-1B visa use.
The U.S. government has released what it says is myth-busting data about the shortage of cybersecurity professionals.
President-elect Donald Trump gave laid-off IT workers something his rival did not during the campaign: A promise to reform the H-1B visa program.
There are reservations within the University of California system about a plan to move IT work offshore and lay off employees.
In Minnesota, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump added IBM to the list of companies he criticizes for moving jobs offshore.
This week, plaintiffs filed a motion seeking class-action certification from 2009, and say the potential pool of people may be as large as 125,000.
The layoff affects more than 500 IT workers in the infrastructure team at Health Care Service Corp.
- Business Solutions Specialist NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Finance Consultant VIC
- Data Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration Project QLD
- Procurement Analyst QLD
- Senior Agile Business Analyst NSW
- Life/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde area NSW
- Data Migration Lead - SAP NSW
- Level 3 Engineer NSW
- Network Security Engineer - Cisco ISE VIC
- Security Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde Based NSW
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!