The next major upgrade for Windows 10, dubbed the Creators Update, will be released in April. It will add new programs for creating content (like new music composing and painting apps), but there will be many additions addressing the ways you interact with the core OS itself. Here are the most noteworthy, based on what’s we’ve seen in the Insider Preview builds.
Stories by Howard Wen
Since its release last July, the newest version of Windows has generally been considered a success, especially compared with its predecessor Windows 8/8.1. However, it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. Here are 7 controversies that have been stirred up by Microsoft’s latest OS.
Want to know if that important email was actually read -- or ignored? These six Chrome extensions let you track your Gmail.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
It’s been reported of late that tablet sales have stalled, so some tablet makers have responded by designing premium-priced devices with powerful specs and unique features. To this category, I would add one of HP’s latest efforts.
In this video demonstration, Howard Wen shows the not-entirely-accurate ability of the HP Pro Slate 8 to depict handwriting and drawing on a pad of paper.
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
We’ve collected several tips for Microsoft’s popular tablet computer.
Based on what we’ve seen in Microsoft’s Windows 10 preview editions, here’s our take on which classic apps should be kept and which should be killed when the final version of Windows 10 ships.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
Inside Windows 10: Sneak peek at the default apps
Here’s what sets Spartan apart from Internet Explorer.
As part of the beta release program for Windows 10, Microsoft has released free touchscreen versions of Excel, PowerPoint and Word through the Windows Store.
Perhaps a “Surface Pro 4” will debut at the same time or soon after Windows 10 launches. Here’s what we’d like to see in the Surface Pro 4.
The latest version, Build 9926, does not include some of the things that Microsoft showed off on Jan. 21, including deep integration of Skype into the OS, and the new Spartan web browser. But there are many important features in this build.
- Data Migration Consultant - Lead NSW
- Security Analyst ACT
- Senior Technical Specialist NSW
- ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Senior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - Telco VIC
- Network Engineer/ Network Administrator QLD
- Senior Project Manager - PERMANENT ACT
- Firewall Engineer NSW
- Windows System Engineer NSW
- Test Automation Engineer VIC
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).