Choosing the right Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider is growing increasingly difficult in a highly competitive market. Here are the top IaaS players identified by Gartner and their recommended use cases.
Stories by Thor Olavsrud
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
These seven IBM Watson-powered apps are transforming the way work is done in industries ranging from healthcare and travel to entertainment and oil & gas.
Each year, the Information Security Forum, a non-profit association that researches and analyzes security and risk management issues, releases its 'Threat Horizon' report to provide a forward-looking view of the biggest security threats over a two-year period. Here are the top 9 threats to watch for through 2017.
In information security circles, 2014 has been a year of what seems like a never-ending stream of cyberthreats and data breaches, affecting retailers, banks, gaming networks, governments and more.
IBM is investing $US1 billion in its IBM Watson Group with the aim of creating an ecosystem of startups and businesses building cognitive computing applications with Watson. Here are 10 examples that are making an impact.
Here are tips from four CIOs and CTOs for cleaning up your IT environment.
The Hadoop specialist has announced the general availability of Hortonworks Data Platform 2.0 for Windows, which is designed to bring the power of Hadoop 2.0's YARN-based architecture to Windows data centers.
It's a bit of commonly accepted wisdom in big data circles that small companies and startups will be the ones to drive big data technology forward and define the shape of the market to come. The large players, like IBM and Oracle, unable to adjust quickly enough to a world changing at breakneck speed, will see bits of their business intelligence market stripped away by smaller, more agile competitors.
It's been one of the big buzzwords of 2013, but what does 2014 have in store for Big Data? CIO.com looks at 12 ways the technology and the market will evolve in the coming year.
Big data is slowly but surely changing the way companies do business. Here's a look at 10 trends shaping big data and the future of business.
Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no small feat, and the right mobile device management product is a key component in making it work. Here are 10 top MDM vendors in the market today.
The amount of data in the world is increasing exponentially, doubling every 18 months. Here are 10 real-world Big Data deployments you may not have realized were driven by big data.
'Tis the season for online scams. Here are 12 of the most dangerous scams you're likely to see this holiday season.
The amount of data in the world doubles every 18 months. Here's a look at eight real-world big data deployments in a variety of industries.
- Technical Consultant MS Dynamics AX VIC
- Senior Technical Specialist NSW
- SAP/ Nakisa Implementation Consultant QLD
- System Engineer SA
- Project Coordinator l Large Media Capital Investment Program NSW
- IT Business Analyst NSW
- Scrum Master QLD
- SAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to Design WA
- Technical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service Manager NSW
- Dynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules) WA
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!