NAB and Telstra today announced they will shortly begin a pilot of a digital marketplace that will allow small businesses to trade services between themselves.
A pilot of Proquo — from quid pro quo — is beginning this month, with a launch slated for July.
The 50:50 joint venture will operate independently of the bank and the telco. It was developed by NAB Labs and Telstra’s Gurrowa Innovation Lab.
“Small businesses often struggle to get off the ground and our research shows that the exchanging of services will be a great advantage to many start-ups,” said Andy Ellis, managing director, Telstra Business.“We’re excited and proud to partner with NAB to offer this unique digital platform. This joint venture further highlights our commitment to small business so they can run, develop and grow their business.”
- Telstra confirms CTO’s departure
- Telstra’s broadband outage: How a minor software change became a big problem
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Telstra announces a weekend of free Wi-Fi
- NAB seeks CTOO following exec shake-up and departure of tech chief
- NAB payment processing affected by system outages