Finance minister Mathias Cormann has revealed the initial tranche of panellists for the government's cloud services panel.
The panel covers software-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service, as well as services such as optimisation and integration of cloud services.
The panel has an initial two year term, but could be extended by another four years, a statement issued by the office of the minister said.
"The panel enables Government to deliver services more efficiently, as well as provide services that are more responsive to business and community needs," the statement said.
The initial panel comprises 49 companies.
The establishment of the whole-of-government panel follows the launch last year of an updated government cloud policy.
Under the policy, government agencies must adopt cloud where it is "fit for purpose, provides adequate protection of data and delivers value for money" when obtaining new ICT services or replacing existing services.
The policy mandates agencies use ICT refresh points as a trigger for evaluating cloud services, adopt public cloud for test and dev and Web hosting, evaluate "private, community, public or hybrid cloud services for operational systems", and look for opportunities for cross-agency cloud services.
"Data shows there has been only modest use of cloud services by government agencies to date," the policy states.
"Cloud procurements in AusTender have totalled approximately $4.7 million since July 2010, and the Data Centre as a Service multi-use list has reported cloud contracts totalling approximately $1.5m since October 2012.
"To put this in context, the Australian Government spends approximately $6 billion a year on ICT. These figures demonstrate that agencies have made limited progress in adopting cloud. A significant opportunity exists for agencies to increase their use of cloud services through the Australian Government Cloud Computing Policy."
The companies on the new cloud services panel are:
- Agile Digital Engineering Pty Ltd
- Anchor Systems Pty Ltd
- ASG Group Limited
- Aurionpro Solutions Pty Ltd
- Avanade Australia Pty Ltd
- Avoka Technologies Pty Ltd
- BSTTech Consulting Pty Ltd trading as Archtis
- Callida Pty Ltd
- Cogito Group Pty Ltd
- Connexxion Pty Limited
- Datacom Systems (ACT) Pty Ltd
- Dialog Pty Limited
- Digital (Digest) Data Design Pty Ltd
- Digital Pacific Pty Ltd
- Digital Sense Hosting Pty Ltd
- Doll Martin Associates Pty Ltd
- Ethan Group Pty Ltd
- F1 Solutions Pty Limited
- Financials For Office365 Pty. Ltd.
- Forward IT Pty Ltd
- Fuji Xerox BusinessForce Pty Limited
- GoHosting Pty Ltd
- GoSource Pty Ltd
- Gruden Holdings Pty Ltd
- Hammond Street Developments Pty Ltd
- HCL Australia Services Pty Ltd.
- IBM Australia Ltd
- Inspection Apps Pty Ltd
- iQ3 Pty. Ltd.
- Jadu Software Pty. Ltd.
- Link Web Services Pty Ltd
- Logicalis Australia Pty Limited
- Macquarie Telecom Pty Ltd
- Mantis Industries Pty Ltd as trustee for the Mantis Investment Trust
- Merewyn Partners Pty Ltd
- Microsoft Pty Limited
- Mitel South Pacific Pty Ltd
- NEC IT Services Australia Pty Ltd
- Nextright Pty Ltd
- NGA.NET Pty Ltd
- Oobe Pty Ltd
- Redcore Pty Ltd
- Sliced Tech Pty Ltd
- Third Horizon Consulting Pty Ltd
- Vintek Pty Ltd
- Wallis Nominees (Computing) Pty. Ltd.
- Webqem Pty Ltd
- WM360 Pty. Ltd.
- Zettagrid Pty Ltd