Kaspersky Lab has hired a new Asia Pacific managing director, Peter Hewett, to replace Harry Cheung who retired in September.
Cheung had been in the APAC managing director role since 2008, based in Hong Kong.
Hewett, who hails from Australia, is now based in Singapore. He will be responsible for the security vendor’s business operations in APAC including sales, marketing and business development.
- Security professionals welcome government's child cyber safety proposals
- More than 6k Australians duped by Koler Android rasomware: report
- Se Eagles fly with Kaspersky sponsorship
Prior to joining Kaspersky Lab, Hewett was Westcon Group’s sales director in Sydney. He has 23 years’ experience working for IT vendors and distributors.
According to Hewett, he was looking forward to leveraging his technical and business management expertise in the new role.
- Telstra says it only keeps customer data for billing, network assurance
- Senate rejects attempt to limit ASIO hacking powers
- Apple reports bump in data requests from Australian police
- Microsoft outlines Windows 10 security enhancements
- Dept of the Prime Minister & Cabinet signs Kaspersky for device security