Former IBM Australia account partner Paul Miller has joined insurance technology vendor SSP as its new Asia Pacific general manager, based in Melbourne.
Miller took over from the former SSP general manager, Michael Clarke, who left the vendor for a new role as ChekRite’s director of sales and marketing in Sydney. Clarke had been in the general manager role at SSP since 2008.
Miller had worked in a variety of roles at IBM since 1998 including Australia and New Zealand strategy, partner and transformation leader, and most recently account partner for Medibank.
- IBM Australia and New Zealand MD retires
- Seelan Nayagam swaps IBM for CSC MD role
- IBM says Australian job cuts part of business transformation
He will report into SSP insurer division managing director, Stephen Lathrope.
According to Lathrope, SSP has signed up eight new insurance clients in Australia over the past 12 months.
“He [Miller] has an excellent reputation in the technology and insurance community and a skillset that fits well with SSP’s core capabilities. His drive and enthusiasm will be instrumental as we continue our growth in APAC,” said Lathrope in a statement.
- Dick Smith replaces legacy IT infrastructure by stealth
- Adobe finds new Australia and New Zealand MD
- WatchGuard Technologies hires new A/NZ country manager
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role