The much-anticipated wave of Millennials is upon us, with their addiction to social media, their attachment to consumer devices and their merging of work and personal lives.
In fact, Millennials or Generation Y are quickly moving into management ranks, according to a recent Ernst & Young study. So, what have we learned about managing Millennials, particularly when it comes to IT?
In a nutshell, Millennials are associated with the following work behaviors and mindsets:
• A collaborative approach to work.
• The expectation that their opinions count, despite existing hierarchy.
• Use of consumer-oriented technologies in the workplace, such as apps, mobile devices, social networking.
• Inclination to work anywhere/anytime rather than set, on-site work hours.
• The desire to be involved with a mission that’s meaningful to them.
Register or Login to continue
This article is only available for subscribers. Sign up now for free and get free access to premium content from ARN, CIO, CMO, Computerworld, IDG Education, IDG Government, and IDG Health.