For our March 2, 1987, issue, InfoWorld asked industry figures to comment on the new Macintoshes at the time -- the Macintosh II and Macintosh SE -- and to speculate on their impact on the corporate market.
Included in that article was commentary from then Living Videotext President David Winer; then Apple Computer Manager of Software Products Guy Kawasaki; Philippe Kahn, founder and president of Borland International; and John Warnock, then president of Adobe Systems; among others.
[ For more Macintosh nostalgia, see our special report "Apple Macintosh at 30," including all the original reviews of the early Macintosh models. ]
The following is Microsoft Chairman and Founder Bill Gates' take on the Macintosh and its future outlook in business organizations.
Special report: Apple Macintosh at 30
- Review of Apple Macintosh (3/26/1984)
- Apple's first Macintosh: Product of the Year winner (1/14/1985)
- Review of the Macintosh SE (4/13/1987)
- Review of the Macintosh IIx (2/6/1989)
- Review of the Macintosh SE/30 (3/27/1989)
- Review of the Mac Portable (10/23/1989)
- Review of the Macintosh IIsi and Macintosh Classic (11/12/1990)
- Review of the Macintosh System 7 (6/17/1990)
- Review of the PowerBook G4 (12/16/2002)
- Review of the Power Mac G5 and Mac OS X Panther (1/5/2004)