Fuji Xerox sells its stake in Digital Post Australia
- 12 December, 2012 11:07
Fuji Xerox Document Management Solutions has sold its 40 per cent stake in electronic postbox service Digital Post Australia (DPA) to Computershare.
ASX-listed Computershare now owns 80 per cent of DPA with US-based digital post provider, Zumbox holding the remaining 20 per cent.
According to Randy Dean, CEO of Digital Post Australia, the change in ownership “is the culmination of the Fuji Xerox acquisition of Salmat’s BPO business”.
In late August, Salmat sold its business process outsourcing (BPO) division to Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific, a subsidiary of Japan’s Fujifilm Holdings. The sale marked the printing supplier’s move into mass print production.
“From an operational perspective, nothing has changed,” Dean said in a statement. “Fuji Xerox remains highly supportive of the DPA channel and is committed to promoting the Digital Postbox with its customers.”
Computershare’s CEO Stuart Crosby said the company was “totally committed to the concept of online mailboxes for Australian businesses and consumers and this shows we’re confident in the success of Digital Post Australia.
DPA’s Digital Postbox service is going to head-to-head with Australia Post’s Digital Mailbox in a battle to attract businesses and consumers to electronic postal services. DPA switched on its service in late November after completing beta testing with an undisclosed number of customers. Users can currently register for Australia Post’s Digital Mailbox service, which will be available in use in early 2013.
DPA is planning a full public launch of its online service – which it claims is delivers savings of up to 70 per cent per mail item – in early 2013.
The company told CIO Australia late last month that it was “actively integrating a variety of partners including banks, utilities, road toll services, wealth management and shareholder registry services” and partner names would be announced in due course.
According to DPA, Computershare and Fuji Xerox process the majority of Australia’s business-to-consumer transactional mail, which played a significant role in how Digital Post will process digital mail.
CIO Australia was waiting for further comment from DPA relating to its future relationship with Fuji Xerox, at time of publication.
Join the Computerworld Australia group on Linkedin. The group is open to IT Directors, IT Managers, Infrastructure Managers, Network Managers, Security Managers, Communications Managers.
TPG's FTTB plan could upset NBN: Switkowski
"Станки с ЧПУ: область применения http://777.if.ua/ris/5.jpg Безусловно, если станок будет простаивать, пользы ..."Cost of a Privacy Act breach could extend to ongoing audits: legal expert
Should Australian businesses fear US cloud vendors?
If you haven't retired Windows XP and haven't been fired yet, get busy
Apple dominates 64-bit mobile chips as Android rivals lag