Apple will release its iOS 6 software update on Wednesday, September 19, but not all of its new features will be available in Australia.
The company has published an iOS 6 availability list by region, as many features of the new operating system are not available in every country across the globe.
The good news is, of the 25 listed major features of iOS 6, Aussie users will get 19 of them from launch. They include:
• Standard maps
• Satellite view maps
• Directions in maps
• Traffic in maps
• Local search in maps
• Sports scores and fixtures in Siri
• Twitter integration in Siri
• Facebook integration in Siri
• Local search in Siri
• Restaurant information in Siri
• Restaurant reviews in Siri
• Movie information in Siri
• Movie reviews in Siri
Of the features not available at launch, Australian users of iOS 6 will get access to turn-by-turn navigation in Maps and directions in Siri sometime in October.
3D buildings in navigation, business reviews and photos in Maps, local movie times in Siri and restaurant reservations in Siri are all features of iOS 6 which will not be available in Australia. Apple has not revealed if or when these features may be available Down Under at a later date.
For a full list of all iOS 6 features and their availability by region, check out Apple's iOS 6 features Web page.
Apple will release the iOS 6 software update on Wednesday 19 September US time, just three days ahead of the iPhone 5 launch on Friday 21 September.
Related content• Australia getting turn-by-turn navigation in iOS 6 next month
• Apple opens Aussie iPhone 5 pre-orders, Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, Virgin Mobile announce pricing
• Kogan will sell you a grey import iPhone 5 cheaper than Apple
• Apple iPhone 5 preview
• Apple's iPhone 5 is 4G for Australia, too
• Apple iPhone 5 vs. Apple iPhone 4S: What's the difference?
• Apple's iPhone 5 'Lightning' adapters will retail for $35 and $45, not available until October
• Apple iPhone 5 Australian buying guide