Paul Glen: Truth and project time estimates
- 13 June, 2012 18:32
Geeks hate this question. It's nearly impossible to answer. Our experience has shown us that no one can really know when a project will be done until it's done.
But non-geeks need to know. They have to plan for everything from revenue to hiring to marketing to production, and timing of the availability of the technology is a critical constraint.
Join the Computerworld Australia group on Linkedin. The group is open to IT Directors, IT Managers, Infrastructure Managers, Network Managers, Security Managers, Communications Managers.
- NAB plans customer migration to NextGen platform
- A/NZ College of Anaesthetists to expand campus security monitoring
- Credit Union Australia signs Good Technology to secure 400 devices
- Taxi startup ingogo hails $3.4 million in latest funding round
- Updated: Federal Court dismisses Aust Post trade mark appeal
Amazon drones are 'fantasy,' says eBay CEO
Training critical to Australia tapping broadband potential: CSIRO
US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
Why CIOs stick with cloud computing despite NSA snooping scandal
Telstra hits 300 Mbps in LTE-A trial