Initialise your PC's microphone
- 03 August, 2010 02:46
QUESTION: My Windows 7 PC plays audio through headphones but is unable to pick up sound from them. I've got a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi card and a Logitech USB phone/microphone. The drivers are up to date.
ANSWER: You need to initialise the microphone. Go to Control Panel, Sound and click on the Recording tab. Ensure that the microphone is set as the default device by right-clicking it and selecting 'Set as default device'.
Join the Computerworld Australia group on Linkedin. The group is open to IT Directors, IT Managers, Infrastructure Managers, Network Managers, Security Managers, Communications Managers.
- Research firm Radicati names Google Apps for Business the leader in cloud business email
- CISO 2013 Security Insights: A new standard for security leaders
- Top 20 Critical Security Controls - Compliance Guide
- Software Defined Protection - The Enterprise Security Blueprint
- The F5 DDoS Protection Reference Architecture part 1 of 3
NBN Co hits 105Mbps in limited FTTN trial
Microsoft puts the squeeze on Windows to shoehorn it into 16GB devices
Adobe patches a critical flaw in Flash Player and AIR shown at Pwn2Own contest
NAB says goodbye to Bitcoin traders
Samsung's lawyers try to put a human face on Android