Exetel has filed legal proceedings against Telstra in the Federal Court of Australia for alleged misleading and deceptive conduct.
Presiding Justice Michael Francis Moore will hear first directions on March 25. A statement of claim and a consumer protection application were filed by Exetel early this month.
Exetel chief executive officer, John Linton, told Computerworld he could not comment on the court proceedings.
The case follows legal threats by Exetel against the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) in December last year, after the telco refuted 300 of the 306 complaints lodged against it by customers. Linton said the decision on legal action is handled by Exetel’s legal advisory.