Melbourne Uni researchers reveal that some service provider ID numbers can be decrypted
Concerns legislation could potentially capture encryption research
Up to 700,000 premises to receive fibre to the distribution point
Pilgrim also reappointed to role of Privacy Commissioner
Calls for swift passage of legislation establishing the National Cancer Screening Register
2GB of free data for customers as telco apologises
ASX-listed QBE Insurance Group has created a new global chief information officer role to help develop a united IT strategy across the 37 countries it operates in.
Attorney-General George Brandis has yet to reveal the details of amendments he will seek to make to the Privacy Act that will criminalise the re-identification of datasets released by government departments and agencies.
The Australian Privacy Commissioner has launched an investigation following revelations that doctor and other service provider ID numbers may be able to be extracted from datasets released by the Department of Health.
Drone footage is everywhere, whether used to film extreme sports, outdoor events, nature, music festivals, or just for its own sake.
Telcos have moved to restore services in South Australia the wake of the massive storm that hit the state yesterday.
Attorney-General George Brandis has appointed Timothy Pilgrim to the role of Australian Information Commissioner and reappointed him as Australian Privacy Commissioner.
The head of IT at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, Daryl Winterbottom, has retired from his position, with the organisation seeking a chief information officer to replace him.
Attorney-General George Brandis has said the government will introduce legislation to amend the Privacy Act that will make it a criminal offence to re-identify de-identified government datasets.
Nvidia's current Pascal GPUs are generating a lot of enthusiasm, but its successor, the Volta GPU architecture, is on its way next year, and there's a lot to be excited about.
Hard on the heels of the discovery of the largest known data breach in history, Cloudera and Intel on Wednesday announced that they've donated a new open source project to the Apache Software Foundation with a focus on using big data analytics and machine learning for cybersecurity.
In the push towards digital transformation, IT leaders need real-time operational insights into application performance, user experience and business outcomes. A packed crowd gathered at the Crown Promenade in Melbourne for the CW Exchange Breakfast, sponsored by AppDynamics, to learn about the digital transformation journey - some key challenges and opportunities in transitioning to the digital era.
Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology is leading a global race to develop a quantum computer
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
I’m feeling a little vulnerable, there are growing business pressures at play and I think there is a restructure that is going on. I fear for my role and not sure I can do much to control this. ...
- Test Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA) NSW
- Program Manager - Data Insight VIC
- Senior Project Manager ACT
- Data Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and Map NSW
- Positive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information security ACT
- Backup Consultant WA
- Certification and Accreditation Security Consultant ACT
- Technical Business Analyst | Marketing Services NSW
- Network Design Specialist - Telecommunications NSW
- Senior Business Analyst -Change and SAP Procurement NSW
As big data goes mainstream, real-time analytics has emerged as the catalyst to turn insights into more immediate action.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Check your Future Risk
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today