Android Pay creator seems bemused by being named in banks’ application to ACCC
Good potential for quantum computing industry but STEM skills still a concern, industry says
Full launch of procurement service expected in January
Seeks to have legislation passed in parliament’s spring sittings
Cost per premise of HFC higher than expected
Cuts maximum forecast of rollout cost
Industry, innovation and science minister Greg Hunt says that the government’s support for quantum computing research will not only maintain Australia’s competitive edge in the “global race to build a quantum computer”, but also help grow a local “quantum ecosystem” and industry.
The Digital Transformation Office has unveiled a beta version of its Digital Marketplace service for government procurement.
A submission to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) by Google Asia Pacific (GAP) argues that there is no basis for allowing banks to band together for negotiations over the Android Pay platform.
A storm has erupted over the theft and black-market sale of the US National Security Agency’s hacking tools. Edward Snowden revealed the widespread use of 'offensive security' tools in 2014. Since then, industry commentators have suggested that the tools and tactics used by the NSA may greatly harm Internet security.
Dropbox is asking users who signed up before mid-2012 to change their passwords if they haven’t done so since then.
Big data is best known for its volume, variety and velocity -- collectively referred to as the "3 Vs" -- and all three of those traits make security an elusive goal. Targeting companies grappling with that challenge, the Cloud Security Alliance on Friday released a new report offering 100 best practices.
Mozilla has built an online scanner that can check if websites have the best security settings in place.
A private equity firm has signed an agreement to buy major cloud player Rackspace for US$4.3 billion.
The government has indicated it intends to push ahead with legislation to create a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
“It’s the first space mission to the ISS for this entire country,” explains Solange Cunin, CEO and co-founder of Quberider.
In the push towards digital transformation, IT leaders need real-time operational insights into application performance, user experience and business outcomes. A packed crowd gathered at the Crown Promenade in Melbourne for the CW Exchange Breakfast, sponsored by AppDynamics, to learn about the digital transformation journey - some key challenges and opportunities in transitioning to the digital era.
Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology is leading a global race to develop a quantum computer
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
Should critical organisational business data, have a material dollar value and be itemised as a business asset on a balance sheet?
- Contract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567 Asia
- Test Analyst - Data Migration ACT
- Change Analyst NSW
- Technical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgnd NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625 Asia
- Bid Manager - Intelligent Technology VIC
- Senior Project Manager - Contact Centres NSW
- Program Director, Cyber Security Transformation NSW
- Defence Network Engineer ACT
- Business Intelligence Team Lead VIC
Learn from the experiences of thousands of AWS customers who have been there, done it, and transformed their organisation for the better with AWS Cloud
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE