Android Pay creator seems bemused by being named in banks’ application to ACCC
Full launch of procurement service expected in January
Seeks to have legislation passed in parliament’s spring sittings
Cost per premise of HFC higher than expected
Cuts maximum forecast of rollout cost
Code written by school pupils will run experiments aboard the International Space Station.
The Digital Transformation Office has unveiled a beta version of its Digital Marketplace service for government procurement.
A submission to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) by Google Asia Pacific (GAP) argues that there is no basis for allowing banks to band together for negotiations over the Android Pay platform.
A storm has erupted over the theft and black-market sale of the US National Security Agency’s hacking tools. Edward Snowden revealed the widespread use of 'offensive security' tools in 2014. Since then, industry commentators have suggested that the tools and tactics used by the NSA may greatly harm Internet security.
Dropbox is asking users who signed up before mid-2012 to change their passwords if they haven’t done so since then.
Big data is best known for its volume, variety and velocity -- collectively referred to as the "3 Vs" -- and all three of those traits make security an elusive goal. Targeting companies grappling with that challenge, the Cloud Security Alliance on Friday released a new report offering 100 best practices.
Mozilla has built an online scanner that can check if websites have the best security settings in place.
A private equity firm has signed an agreement to buy major cloud player Rackspace for US$4.3 billion.
The government has indicated it intends to push ahead with legislation to create a mandatory data breach notification scheme.
“It’s the first space mission to the ISS for this entire country,” explains Solange Cunin, CEO and co-founder of Quberider.
An update to NBN’s corporate plan reveals that the worst case scenario for completing the National Broadband Network rollout is somewhat better than it previously expected. Although NBN still expects peak funding for the rollout to be $49 billion, the worst case scenario is $54 billion, compared to $56 billion in the previous corporate plan.
In the push towards digital transformation, IT leaders need real-time operational insights into application performance, user experience and business outcomes. A packed crowd gathered at the Crown Promenade in Melbourne for the CW Exchange Breakfast, sponsored by AppDynamics, to learn about the digital transformation journey - some key challenges and opportunities in transitioning to the digital era.
Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology is leading a global race to develop a quantum computer
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
I’ve heard my other IT Senior Manager at the coffee shop, say not so great things about our boss. I feel guilty by association and this could be overheard by others. My boss is not perfect, but I’m ...
- Test Analyst - Data Migration ACT
- Business Intelligence Team Lead VIC
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994 Asia
- Network Technology Specialist VIC
- Contract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812 Asia
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173 Asia
- Senior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEE NSW
- Operations Manager NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhs Asia
- Business Development Manager VIC
Decomposed, reimagined applications are helping businesses deliver better customer experience
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs