Sky Muster II to launch from the French Guiana Space Centre
Kate McKenzie to leave telco after more than a decade
Rowland appointed shadow minister for communications
Renee Roberts departs in restructure
Music labels’ application to have the site blocked will be heard in October
Every nanosecond counts with web services, but keeping them latency free comes at a huge cost. Until now.
Telstra’s chief operations officer, Kate McKenzie, has called it quits after 12 years, the telco announced this morning.
NBN’s second satellite — Sky Muster II — will launch on 5 October, the company said this morning. The launch will take place in the French Guiana Space Centre in South America.
As Telstra continues its shift from just being a telecommunications carrier to what it likes to describe as “a world class technology company that empowers people to connect”, the company’s software teams have been given a mandate to take an API-first approach to development whenever possible.
While it may seem like half the world is chasing Pokemon right now, a majority of the world’s population doesn’t even use the internet. About 3.9 billion people, or 53 percent of the population, will still be offline at the end of this year, the International Telecommunication Union estimates.
AMD is rebooting its server business around chips with the Zen CPU, which will also be used in PCs. AMD is getting creative with Zen and considering merging the CPU with a high-performance GPU to create a mega-chip for high-performance tasks.
Security researchers have released tools this week that could help users recover files encrypted by two relatively new ransomware threats: Bart and PowerWare.
Michelle Rowland has been appointed shadow minister for communications, with Labor leader Bill Shorten today unveiling a new-look shadow ministry.
Every nanosecond can count when you’re offering web services. When it comes to search, games, stock-trading and social media, latency is unacceptable.
Telstra says that some 200 cell sites in north Queensland and South Australia have received a speed boost, with the telco saying they have received up to 50 per cent more 4G capacity.
A shake-up of National Australia Bank's organisational structure has resulted in the departure of its most senior technology executive.
Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology is leading a global race to develop a quantum computer
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
Products ranged from UAVs and jet engines to human skull and knee replacements
David, I've been a IT Manager for more than 5 years now, I enjoy my job but don't feel that I'm really recognised or valued. Right now I report into a CFO and feel somewhat constrained. How can ...
- Database Developer ACT
- NV2 Defence Project Manager ACT
- Test Manager ACT
- Business Analyst - End-User Computing NSW
- Business Analyst - Asset Management NSW
- Infrastructure Technology Platform Manager VIC
- SAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ Specialist NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623 Asia
- Contract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmp Asia
- Technical Specialist - EUC NSW
Decomposed, reimagined applications are helping businesses deliver better customer experience
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing