Android Pay creator seems bemused by being named in banks’ application to ACCC
Good potential for quantum computing industry but STEM skills still a concern, industry says
Full launch of procurement service expected in January
Seeks to have legislation passed in parliament’s spring sittings
Cost per premise of HFC higher than expected
Cuts maximum forecast of rollout cost
Australia’s top 50 websites could be helping steer end users towards malware, according to cyber security company Menlo Security, which is about to enter the Australian market with what it says is a solution to the problem.
Communications Alliance should develop guidelines for retail service providers (RSPs) about making broadband performance claims, the telco industry body has argued.
For years, Microsoft has been delivering speedy and accurate Bing results with experimental servers called Project Catapult, which have now received an architectural upgrade.
Digital transformation may promise critical benefits for the companies undertaking it, but it's also delivering a major boost to IT spending around the world.
Security researchers have found a sophisticated malware program that may have been used recently by a gang of hackers to steal more than $350,000 from ATMs in Thailand.
Nutanix has snapped up a couple of companies, PernixData and Calm.io, to extend its enterprise cloud platform.
Industry, innovation and science minister Greg Hunt says that the government’s support for quantum computing research will not only maintain Australia’s competitive edge in the “global race to build a quantum computer”, but also help grow a local “quantum ecosystem” and industry.
The Digital Transformation Office has unveiled a beta version of its Digital Marketplace service for government procurement.
A submission to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) by Google Asia Pacific (GAP) argues that there is no basis for allowing banks to band together for negotiations over the Android Pay platform.
A storm has erupted over the theft and black-market sale of the US National Security Agency’s hacking tools. Edward Snowden revealed the widespread use of 'offensive security' tools in 2014. Since then, industry commentators have suggested that the tools and tactics used by the NSA may greatly harm Internet security.
In the push towards digital transformation, IT leaders need real-time operational insights into application performance, user experience and business outcomes. A packed crowd gathered at the Crown Promenade in Melbourne for the CW Exchange Breakfast, sponsored by AppDynamics, to learn about the digital transformation journey - some key challenges and opportunities in transitioning to the digital era.
Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology is leading a global race to develop a quantum computer
IT departments are constantly faced with the challenge of managing complex, multi-cloud environments that combine best-of-breed public and private services with traditional on-premise infrastructure. A group of IT thought leaders gathered at Vue De Monde in Melbourne to discuss their hybrid cloud journeys.
Common apps spoofed to trick users into downloading malware.
Understanding hacking tools — why the NSA leak is trouble for us all
NBN narrows in on rollout cost, future revenue
Google hits out at banks in mobile wallet fight
Government pushes ahead with data breach notification scheme
Australia's commercial space program blasts off with Sydney start-up
How do you envisage tackling the skill shortage within cyber security David?
- Senior Project Manager - Telecommunication VIC
- VMWare Specialist ACT
- Testing Resource Manager VIC
- Senior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902 Asia
- Implementation Manager VIC
- Application Administrator ACT
- Contract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173 Asia
- Contract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993 Asia
- Senior Manager - Infrastructure Supply Chain NSW
- Project Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472 Asia
Learn from the experiences of thousands of AWS customers who have been there, done it, and transformed their organisation for the better with AWS Cloud
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE